Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage half-belts

tonypaj

Practically Family
Here's my take. The collar shape is different. Same goes for the taper in the body. Also the sleeves taper differently and seem set a bit higher in the original. Also the half belt is shaped differently from the original. It all does not matter one bit, though. Both look like beautiful jackets, and I would be very happy to wear either one of them if they were my size. I just thought that this thread needs some jacket snob comments :)

Last edited:
I agree Tony. If I get custom, and am asking to replicate a look, I expect more. Not that it's a bad jacket, but the attention to small details is lacking. The collar misses the whole vintage look of the original. It would be fine on a film for an extra, but not a hero build. I guess it depends on how much it cost. Certainly after some wearing, it's gonna look great and you'll forget all about the other one...

Kt Templar

One of the Regulars
The body is still slightly tapered, it had to fit me and I'm not er.... tapered! The Shuster's is almost wasp waisted tbh. The sleeves are slightly more tapered than the vintage one to better suit me too. Thanks for the comments.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I think, even by my standards as a slim guy, that sounds like a tight old waist. What does that constitute in modern sizing? 36 or a 38?

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
So, 40 inch chest and 34 inch waist. Those are almost getting to my proportions. I think the sleeves would be a tad short for me.

Kt Templar

One of the Regulars
This is what it looks like on me.

img1125ko.jpg

img1123vh.jpg

img1122hgs.jpg

img1120vg.jpg

chamboid

One of the Regulars
definitely a lovely jacket, why did you decide against the original pocket syting? The original is a great style, let me know if you want to shift it to some one it'll fit

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
That's the best looking Wested I've seen and nice fit. Actually Kt, that fits better than anythign I've seen you wear before. It may not be a perfect repo but it has the look. Would Peter offer this in other sizes or it he sick of custom jobs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider