Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Kim_B said:
I'm sorry...I know this is not very lady-like, but has any one looked back at the beginning of this topic at the post JBD made... lol :eek: :eek:

Thank you for pointing that out...removed the links.

Thats what sometimes happens when you direct link somewhere that doesn't want you to.

Next time...just send a PR bartender a PM and we shall take care of it

Kim_B

Practically Family
No, it's just because the images that were posted were linked to another site. It happens a lot...it uses up the other website bandwidth, which is why they tend to get cranky about it...

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
I picked this up yesterday.

3688.jpg

And saw this but I won't be getiing it, it's to cliched, but the picture is cute I love the dogs.

3706.jpg

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
I'm pretty sure that wardrobe set is new. I went in to Hancocks last weekend for the Butterick sale, and that Simplicity one wasn't in the book. This week when I went in for the Simplicity sale it was. So, brand new I would say. :D

Just hang in there, Simplicity'll go on sale again. ;)

cemetarian

Vendor
Snookie said:
You're right, I've never seen that before, but last night I cut out a jacket pattern that was printed and factory cut. Best of both worlds! It was a Simplicity pattern from 1943, I believe.

I just found this one in my stock that is a classic example of Printed and Pre Cut. It's from '46.

S1720_a_528.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
pattern recommendations for pencil skirt?

Does anyone have a modern, in-print pattern for a pencil skirt? Thanks!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
DSC00631.jpg

A coworker of mine at Stitch lounge who is going to a pattern making school got this for a class, but they gave it to har in the wrong size so she gave it to me!!! Squeeeeee!!!!
Its labled advanced, so Ill have to look at it more to see whats what, but Im gonna work on this soon, I hope.

These two just came in!
3688.jpg

4044.jpg

I go them for the slacks, so we will see how they turn out....

LD

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I didn't realize there was a pattern thread or I would have posted mine here. I picked up Vogue 2885 and Vogue 2858
http://www.voguepatterns.com/item/V2885.htm?tab=vintage_vogue&page=1
http://www.voguepatterns.com/item/V2858.htm?tab=vintage_vogue&page=2

2858 looks very similar to a dress found on revampvintage.com that I want to copy. I'm not sure what I'll do with 2885. They had only one copy which was a size smaller than I need, but it was on sale for $3.99, so I took it anyway. The skirt will be easy to draft up to fit, but I'm not sure about the jacket.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:

I ended up buying this one today. After fussing with the muslin bodice for the Vogue dress I recently bought and the S&S Swing dress (recently weight loss has changed the fit) I decided I'd do better with seperates. I always look better in seperates. I wish I could have waited until the Simplicity sale next week at Hancock, but I need to have the outfit ready in 2wks.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
ISO blouse pics

Being a curvy gal, I have a hard time finding vintage blouses or blouse patterns. So, I've decided to try my hand at adapting a modern blouse patterns. I have a bunch of the reprint Simplicity and Vogue patterns, but none of them have blouses. I'm looking for pics of either patterns or garments for a nice short-sleved blouse, bonus points for anything that doesn't have to be tucked in, ie peplum or some other treatment (still have that pregnancy pooch to hide).

$ally

One Too Many
vintage notions dated 1956, blouse pattern 1957, Vogue dress pattern 1951:
1090119298_873a654558_o.jpg

vintage needles:
1090119254_3ad0c6a94b_o.jpg

more of my vintage patterns and supplies
629762108_51b948dd4e_o.jpg

628896255_f03fb259e9.jpg

1944 pattern
629762008_785d78b24a.jpg

1948 pattern