Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

DimeADanceQueen

Familiar Face
New Vintage Patterns

Etsy's been good to me:

Simplicity4203.gif

Too classic, I couldn't pass it up.. Not sure what I'll make it in, yet.

Simplicity1924.gif

Summer dress.. Bring on the vintage-y calico...

Butterick7785.gif

A little more modern then what I've been into lately, but, ironically, the only one i have material for. I'll do this in three layers, one gray lining, a gray leopard print that's almost sheer and a gray sheer over that...

Again, apologizing for the wavy-gravy photo quality... Not sure what's up with that.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Snookie said:
Here's the patterns I received yesterday from Vintage Martini's end-of year sale.

Hollywood 1938(?)
sc0135015b.jpg

Great patterns but this dress is my favourite, it's gorgeous! The puffed sleeves are adorable.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
lyburnum said:
These are some of my repro (and one vintage) patterns. I have another box of ones I don't like so much. I've made almost all of them, just not a pair of trousers or some of the evening dresses - as I have less reason to make those.

4536.jpg

These dungarees are fab, what pattern is it? Great pattern collection by the way.

Snookie

Practically Family
SarahLouise said:
Great patterns but this dress is my favourite, it's gorgeous! The puffed sleeves are adorable.

Thanks! I'm always a sucker for puffed sleeves too. I love the pattern illustrations on this one especially because it shows such great variations of trims and accessories.

Snookie

Practically Family
SarahLouise said:

I've got this one, too! Love those 1940's teenage jumpers! I think a border print would be extra cute with this one, I have a harder time using border prints on more sophisticated garments.

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Cute patterns everyone! I'm always on the lookout for puff sleeves too.

Here's a new pattern I got. It comes with instructions for the crocheted acorns at the front!
Crocheted acorns, how could I resist that? lol (I don't crochet but luckily I know a girl who does.)

storepat_045.jpg

Snookie

Practically Family
ShrinkingViolet said:
Cute patterns everyone! I'm always on the lookout for puff sleeves too.

Here's a new pattern I got. It comes with instructions for the crocheted acorns at the front!
Crocheted acorns, how could I resist that? lol (I don't crochet but luckily I know a girl who does.)

storepat_045.jpg

Love it! Acorns - the 40's version of the rockabilly cherry? It would be cute to have an extra pair of acorns attached to a pinback, too. Or on a hair ornament, or to trim a hat with. Wonderful!

NoirDame

One of the Regulars
One Teensy Weensy Request

I love looking at these ladies....thanks for scanning them.

BUT I can barely see them. Please do not make them so small. I can barely see any of the details or tell what I am looking at. :**(

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
hmmmm...for most of us they are actually all quite large. And if made any bigger they would take -ages- to load for those still on dial up accounts.

Perhaps if there are particular ones that seem to small, you might right-click and go to the place where they are linked from, where they are likely larger.

NoirDame

One of the Regulars
Some of them, like the last few are a decent size....I am talking about the dozens that are only about two inches high on pages 10 and 11, for example. You can barely see the alternate designs of the dresses on the patterns...let alone any details like buttons or bows. I'll try to right click for a link.

NoirDame

One of the Regulars
I looked back and it was one particular page....I made it sound like it was everyone! I'm sorry.

I just need to be able to see the details to help me know what to look for when shopping and to attempt to recreate dresses I really like! :)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Changes in pattern sizes

I know we've discussed the changes in pattern sizes before, but I've recently come to a very interesting conclusion. I think the general "standard shape" has changed, as well. For all modern patterns, unless they are specialty patterns, I have to take a large fold through the torso to raise the waist to my high waist. Over the last, say, 4 projects, with different brands both 40's and 50's, I've realized that I don't need to take that fold. In fact, the last project, I ended up throwing out the bodice and starting over because the waist was so high (a 50s at-the-waist bodice). Has anyone else noticed a difference in the torso length between vintage and modern?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy