Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your "War Room"

CBI

One Too Many
Sgt Brown said:
One of the joys of being a bachelor is you can take that totally useless dining room and.... REMAIN A BACHELOR!

http://tinyurl.com/yh5zgmm

Tom
DevilDog.gif

Just kidding - cool room - great collection!

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
"I ordered som ice, but this is ridicolous", as the british gentleman said, standing in the bar of the Titanic, when it hit the Iceberg.
I wanted to see some small collectons in some corners - and what do we get: A whole "warehouse" with enough items to start WWII all over again!!!!
Naaah - honestly Tom: What a great collection!!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Lovely collections one and all.

Most of my stuff is sprinkled around the house and having moved recently into a new home, a lot is in storage still. My wife is very long suffering, although she does draw the line at me having all of my Battle of Britain and RAF books out (we don't have enough bookshelves for them all so they'd be piled up the ceiling :eek: ). Also have prints, photos, some kit, etc.

I've been lucky to see Spitfire's war room first hand when we stayed with him in Københaven, and it's damn nice, it also looks as if it's grown a bit as well :D

thecardigankid said:
I see you have the book "The Few" on your bookshelf, that is possibly one of my favorite books, its an outstanding read!

Just so long as you're not referring to Alex Kershaw's "The Few" - don't get me started on that!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Spitfire said:
If you start, I´ll be right behind you!:)

My good old faithful wingman, always ready to lend a hand ;)

Honestly though, I get a bit steamed up about that book. Less said the better!

Sgt Brown

One of the Regulars
sixties.nut said:
You are outrageously out of control there. That's better'n a Army Navy Surplus. Your stuff isn't beat up or junky! Must have set you back a couple of nites hunting it down. When can we come over for 'vittles'?
(Snipped)

The magic phrase is, "I started collecting before eBay ruined things."

Tom

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Unfortunately I don't have any glass cases, so I'm in the process of dusting things off to try to tidy things up for the photos. In the meantime, here are some photos of some of the original WWII posters that grace the hallway leading to my "War Room". A number of these were taken at odd angles to try to minimize glare from my flash, but I wasn't completely successful. Enjoy!
000_0107.jpg

000_0108.jpg

000_0111.jpg

000_0112.jpg

000_0121.jpg

000_0113.jpg

000_0117.jpg

000_0119.jpg

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Bilko and KilroyCD: Bravo!!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Keep'em comming, and I can show this thead to my wife.
"See honey, all the other boys have much more than I have. All over the place!"lol

Bilko

New in Town
Spitfire said:
Bilko and KilroyCD: Bravo!!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Keep'em comming, and I can show this thead to my wife.
"See honey, all the other boys have much more than I have. All over the place!"lol

Thanks Spitfire, i agree, you have to keep the wife happy;) .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot