Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sidekick wanted

I suppose it was also a filler film for Hawks near the end of his career as well. El Dorado moves quicker than Rio Bravo though. Some of the scenes were nearly the same too.
In the saloon, JP shoots the piano (yeah I know another piano killer) while Dude shoots a guy on the balcony after he sees blood drip into the shot glass on the bar.
I like the ending of Rio Bravo better though. The dynamite throwing was classic. "Get it closer to the house Stumpy."

Regards to all,

J

Michaelson

One Too Many
Yep, Rio Bravo was crafted. El Dorado was, well, thrown together (though it's still one of my kids favorite movies. They watched that thing until the tape wore out.) Yep, those piano killing movies get me.....:( :cry: ;) Regards. Michaelson

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Okay... things are starting to get overwhelming...

Anyone up to fill some sidekick shoes.

There is no pay, though I will buy you a pair of shoes. They're red and yellow and you have to wear the cape as well...

The plus is you get to wear a suit over the uniform though you must wear a trench coat and a mask even durring the summer and it's California so you will be hot. You can apprentice as a sidekick for 7 years then I'll have to replace you.

Apply at www.myspace.com/mattdeckard

Martina

One of the Regulars
Job app. for your new lyric writer

MATT DECKARD!!!!!!!!!
I clicked on your MySpace link, then went to get a cup of coffee... when I came back my 3 boys were all snickering and looking at the computer. They recognized the 'song' as something I play on the piano, however the lyrics coming out of the speakers were something new and came as quite a surprise to them. :eek:
They wanted to know "Are those the real words to that?" Any suggestions on how to answer?

<.snickering here to myself and thinking... If I ever meet you in person, you get a swat for that one>

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
I think I could put an outfit like this together for my sidekick uniform.
shortround.jpg

Anders

One of the Regulars
I don't know about sidekick, but Henchman is a position I could handle. I'm an expert in wearing yellow jumpsuits, throwing my hats, and being remembered by my one defining characteristic (think "Eyepatch Thug")

I won't even complain when I eventually get gunned down unceremoniously by the hero.

Sorry, but working alongside the Four Horsemen requires something a little more stylish, and a lot more low-visibility, than yellow jumpsuits. "Business casual", as defined in the Golden Era, will do nicely. Black and gray are always good colors...:D

Mike K.

One Too Many
The Wolf said:
Sidekick Wanted
Gentleman adventurer looking for sidekick with rough past but heart of gold.
Mangling the english language prefered but not necessary.
Must not dress better than I, cloth cap or fedora fine but front of fedora must be flipped up.
Go where I go, eat from my scraps.
contact The Wolf, Box 13
Sidekick? You can be mine.:p
CMKsafari.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
Originally posted by Martina
MATT DECKARD!!!!!!!!!
I clicked on your MySpace link, then went to get a cup of coffee... when I came back my 3 boys were all snickering and looking at the computer. They recognized the 'song' as something I play on the piano, however the lyrics coming out of the speakers were something new and came as quite a surprise to them.
They wanted to know "Are those the real words to that?" Any suggestions on how to answer?

Originally posted by Matt Deckard
There... that should be more acceptable.
We will never speak of this again.

Aaargh....I finally decided to check out this thread. Alas, too late! I'll never know the alternate lyrics to Puttin' On the Ritz. :(

I suppose that means the sidekick position is out of the question?

Oh well, I'm really more a Peter Lorre w/ Sydney Greenstreet man myself.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Can it be a dog? More specifically, a unpredictable furiously cute one?

I have a client that's interested. He's sleeping at the moment, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner