Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"silk" finish from Art?

Serge

New in Town
Just curious if anyone else has a hat with a silk finish from Art. He is working on a pork pie for me that looks to be turning out nicely. I asked if his blue smoke color was available in this finish. He explained to me that it is his signature color that is ordered yearly. He also told me that he could order few at that time in the "silk" finish. So, if anyone is interested you might want to let him know.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
HI Serge,
I think you just found out why I don't stock alot of "silk" finishes. Yours is only the second I've made in the last two years. Personally, I DO like the finish but it isn't for everyone.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I like fuzzy hats. While not as common, they were done, and I think it's a nice look. A bit different than the standard fedora.
IMG_4191.jpg

3x stetson
IMG_3325.jpg

Dobbs
IMG_4503.jpg

'20s Stetson

Serge

New in Town
I like mine...

a little rough.;)
It just arrived and I hope to post a pic if I can figure out how to do it.
Thanks Art. Words can't describe how much I like this hat. For those of you that don't have a VS hat yet, they are worth every cent.:eusa_clap

Feraud

Bartender
I would definitely go for a silk finish hat.

Serge said:
a little rough.;)
It just arrived and I hope to post a pic if I can figure out how to do it.
Thanks Art. Words can't describe how much I like this hat. For those of you that don't have a VS hat yet, they are worth every cent.:eusa_clap
You need to upload your pictures to an online hosting site like Photobuck or Imageshack. They are free and easy to use.

Looking forward to the pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy