1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Singer 46-100 sewing machine

Discussion in 'Ask The Artisan' started by Miamibruno, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Miamibruno

Miamibruno Practically Family

Y'all,

It has been a frustrating journey with this machine. I bought it a while back and I've sent it to several sewing machine shops (including one in Milwaukee and I'm in Boston). I can't find anyone who can tune it up. If there is anyone out there who has one, fixed one, tuned one up, can spell it correctly, please let me know. If you are using one now (you artisans you) please let me know how you got it running correctly. I"m happy to ship it anywhere in the US where I can get it worked on properly.

Sending up the ballon.

Adrian

2. 59Lark

59Lark A-List Customer

Adrian; I have been a singer dealer for 36yrs and have never seen one like that,the diagrams onist I saw looked sixty years old or oldr. I will ask john in the morning he trained in England over 50 years ago and may remember them, I will ask, looks like a reall specialized machine 59lark

3. Miamibruno

Thank you so much for asking. There are pictures of them being used, pamphlets advertising them, a parts list, but that is all I can find. Any help would be most welcome!

Thank you.

Adrian

4. Miamibruno

Here's a pic of it being used and as advertised.

Using a 46-100.jpeg Singer46-100.jpeg

Michael A likes this.
  5. jpdesign

jpdesign Vendor

I have one. Timing is fine. Problem is needles. The needle for this machine was not widely used, if I remember correctly it is a 46x11. Nobody makes them. There is no cross reference number in any line.