Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sizing Advices Aero D-1 Flight Jacket

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Hello
I'm interested in following jacket:
http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/...ge?page=displayproduct&subcatid=41&prodid=539

Usually I wear size 42" in all my 'modern made' Aeroleather Jackets, like Highwayman, Stockman etc.
Size 44 in A-2's.

Which size should I go in a D-1 Type? Size 42" or 44". I guess, if D-1 is cutted like originals I belive I should go with a 44" (also shearling wool lining in mind)... any sizing advices are much appreciated... thank you! Harry

tudo

New in Town
Hi I have a type D-1 in a size 40" and I have a 40.5" chest it fits well with a t-shirt and / or a thin micro fleece but would not want to wear anything thicker under neath as it might become to restrictive.But as the fleece is so lovely and thick I would'nt want much more insulation.They were originally designed as an over-coat type jacket .Best speaking to Aero direct though, as they would be able to instruct you better on sizing etc .Lovely choice of jacket ,nice and simple!:)

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Tudo, thanks a bunch for your advices :D I will shoot an e-mail to amanda. BTW for my taste D-1 Jacket is my absolutely favorite in choice of a shearling flight jacket... consider suitable for daily use. B-3 Jackets are nice too but very 'bomber style' and should wear what there were made for... in a cockpit, just my 2cents lol

AeroLeatherUSA

New in Town
Aero D-1 sizing

Hi Harry, Mark from Aero USA here. Normally you would take the same size as your A-2 unless you want to layer underneath with something bulky, then you might want to consider moving up a half size. If the factory has all your sizing info then of course you should consult with them directly.

Regards,

Mark Moye
Aero Leather USA

361stACE

New in Town
I have a 42" Aero B6 the one I am wearing in my avatar photo..I normally
take a 40" in normal jkts..I'm 5'10" 140lbs...The B6 fits exactly as I wanted.
I am also wearing a 42" Aero 1940 contract A2 underneath the B6. This kept
me very warm on the November day at Duxford IWM when the photo was taken..Hope this helps..Shaun

58panheadfan

One Too Many
361stACE said:
me very warm on the November day at Duxford IWM when the photo was taken..Hope this helps..Shaun

Hi Shaun
Thank you for these infos... :)

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I too own an Aero D-1 and A-2 (India contract 11018). The D-1 is size 46, the A-2 44. Both fit well aside from the A-2 being a bit short waisted (then again, I'm long waisted).

5' 10 1/2", 185, 43 reg, 35 sleeve.

ziggytsardust

New in Town

do you have more pictures of you wearing your b6? I am 5 10, 120lbs, and I am interested in how the fit of a b6 looks like, I want something very trim/tight but very warm. Do you happen to own a b3 as well? I love the design of the b3, and want to see how it looks (every picture i've seen so far, makes the person wearing it look like the michelin man). Thanks!

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
do you have more pictures of you wearing your b6? I am 5 10, 120lbs, and I am interested in how the fit of a b6 looks like, I want something very trim/tight but very warm. Do you happen to own a b3 as well? I love the design of the b3, and want to see how it looks (every picture i've seen so far, makes the person wearing it look like the michelin man). Thanks!

Is it possible for someone 5 '10, 120 lbs to look like the Michelin Man?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner