Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sleeve crease

Damon141

Practically Family
Hello D! Truly, I have not asked Dena if she would do such job. I was thinking in practicing with a sacrificial jacket, but I have not got around to it. I know my friend was able to doit. He did for the fly boys and bikes when He worked at the San Diego leather jacket company. He is now too old and sold his trusted cylinder bed lockstitch walking foot sewing machine. However, he did tell me that I did not need that particular machine. My trusted Consew 225 or 206rb-2 can doit. I also know for a fact that LW machinist can doit for about 2k. I have read some members had panels removed with pristine results.

The shortening from the shoulder method is the optimum way of shortening the sleeves but the jacket cut must blend itself for it. Personally, I am fine with the Vanson/Schott method of shortening the sleeves at the wrist. But jackets like the Buco j21-24 have that special stitching three inches from the end of the sleeve that creates a challenge. For this reason, the shoulder method works best for those jackets.

I agree that they would probably mess up the Buco’s you mentioned if shortened by the wrist.

I hope you give it a try on a jacket not too valuable, I would be happy to donate the 5 Star that I don’t wear in the name of science lol. I haven’t worn it, it was a sizing experiment gone wrong, I was going to give it to somebody but I don’t think the neck hole is large enough.

I think if an alteration expert had the time and wanted the project then they would find a way, I think if it’s only by 2-3” then the sleeve should still match up to the shoulder socket. I think the key is “someone that wanted to do it, or needed the business”

I had the same dilemma when I inquired with my first jacket here on the board, I also wanted it taken in by the shoulder because of the intricate way that the sleeve zippers are installed on the Kensington, ironically its also a Buco design originally, I think?, Bates shares this feature, the double stitching and leather piping along the zipper. I didn’t want to loose that detail.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
D, Five stars are way too valuable. I do have some jackets that I can sacrifice. I was wondering, can you make your five star a vest? Vests are so much easier to mod.

Just a thought.

Damon141

Practically Family
I could probably but just wouldn’t wear it, I haven’t come out of my jacket since it was cool enough to wear it, much to my wife’s dismay. She would rather dress me up in cheap mall sweaters and jackets but I’m not having it, I figure it’s like that for most with their first bespoke jacket

If you change your mind or have another idea for it, you know where to find me. It hasn’t come off the hanger except for measurements. I was going to give it away in the classifieds or donate it to a homeless shelter. Sadly with eBay, Poshmark and the other sites, I don’t think much comes their way anymore because I see people selling old dirty flip flops for close to what they cost new. Can’t blame them though for trying to make a buck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ