Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Small headed vintage hats, are you out there?

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm thinning out my vintage collection of lids, but before I list anything here......I want to see how many might be interested, otherwise, I'll try eBay or Etsy......I'd rather sell them here though.

What do I have? they are mostly a size 7, with a few 6 7/8's. About a dozen or more wide brims, and twice that are Stingy.
Stetson, Dobbs, Knox, Adams, Resistol, Borso, Portis, Champ, Mallory, Wormser, to name a few.
Serious inquires only, thanks for looking.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Bolthead,

I'm a 7, though sometimes a 6 7/8 can fit me with a bit of stretching. How wide are the wide brims? And I've been a fan of Resistols for a while.

Garrett

Kurt, good to see you. I'd be interested to see what you've got. I'll bet there are some treasures in there!

bolthead

1st up is this beautiful Borsalino. I realize it's a size 6 7/8 but it is in fantastic shape, hardly worn,like new, silk liner,(no stains),only issue is, it has a small split in the seem of the sweat. It is a very nice Mocha color. All my hats are from a smoke free home.
Crown is 4 3/4 creased
Brim is a stingy 1 3/4 w/a 1/4" underwelt
Sweatband is 1 3/4
Ribbon is 1 7/8
I'm asking $75 shipped. Paypal only, CONUS.

2cyqz2e.jpg
2z68mk7.jpg
2ibkmf8.jpg
oswme9.jpg
28082s4.jpg

bolthead

Next is a Stetson Gun Club, this also is like new, sweat is in perfect condition, no stains or nibbles. Comes from a smoke free home. It is dark brown w/ flecks.
I am asking $55 shipped, Paypal only, CONUS.
Crown is 4 1/4" with a telescopic crease.
Brim is 2"
Ribbon is 1 3/8"
Sweatband is 1 7/8"
2eezx2b.jpg
mvi52c.jpg
53kd4g.jpg
afafir.jpg

bolthead

This is a Dunlop Twenty. It is in very good shape, although the sweat is a bit worn, but not brittle. Very nice shark gil bow treatment. nice liner w/tip. Smoke free home. Size 7.
Crown 4 3/4" creased.
Ribbon is 2"
Brim is 1 3/4" with a mode edge.
Sweatband is 1 3/4".
Asking $65 sipped. Paypal only CONUS.
okwnmb.jpg
dnf30w.jpg
2lc8mkw.jpg
euqc5t.jpg
2mpkknn.jpg

Last edited:

bolthead

This is a Knox. Size 7. Light brown, in very good shape, Satin liner w/tip, sweat is decent. Smoke free home.
Crown is 4 1/2" creased
Ribbon is 2"
Brim is 2" with an overwelt.
sweatband is 1 1/2"
I'm asking $60. Paypal only, CONUS.
24136a9.jpg
2hgtlaq.jpg
3y8g0.jpg
2ll0kz8.jpg
2nrd2lj.jpg

bolthead

This last one is French Made, I cant make out the manufacturer because the liner under the tip is faded and the tip is shiny. It's in great shape, hardly worn, smoke free home. This is the stingiest brim I own. No stains or moth damage. Very nice Olive green (dark) color. Size 7. I'm asking $60 shipped,for this very unusual, rare hat. Paypal only, CONUS
Crown is 4 7/8" with a center dent.
Ribbon is 1 3/8" black velour pugaree style.
Brim is a 1 1/4" with a 1/4" bound edge to match the ribbon.
The camera didnt catch the actual color of this beautifully pleated liner, it is more on the purple hue.
23kvwp.jpg
vq4qk6.jpg
nce06t.jpg
24own11.jpg

bolthead

I will post more possibly next week, it take quite a bit of time to photo, edit, d/l to a host, then actually post them here. In all I have a couple dozen I'm willing to sell, not all are stingy brims, I also have over 2 1/2" to 3" brim hats I'm letting go. Please be patient. Thanks for looking.

bolthead

This last one is French Made, I cant make out the manufacturer because the liner under the tip is faded and the tip is shiny. It's in great shape, hardly worn, smoke free home. This is the stingiest brim I own. No stains or moth damage. Very nice Olive green (dark) color. Size 7. I'm asking $60 shipped,for this very unusual, rare hat. Paypal only, CONUS
Crown is 4 7/8" with a center dent.
Ribbon is 1 3/8" black velour pugaree style.
Brim is a 1 1/4" with a 1/4" bound edge to match the ribbon.
The camera didnt catch the actual color of this beautifully pleated liner, it is more on the purple hue.
23kvwp.jpg
vq4qk6.jpg
nce06t.jpg
24own11.jpg
Ok, I was able to locate the maker of this French lid.......Lucien de Barbant.

jac

Familiar Face
Going out on a limb here- do you have any Henschel "skully" or "generation" caps? They're sometimes called spitfire, not really a fishermans. Like these. Thanx & good luck with your hat sale!

Attachments

• HenschelCap1.jpg
    HenschelCap1.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 468
  • HenschelSkully.jpg
    HenschelSkully.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 489
  • HenschelSkully3.jpg
    HenschelSkully3.jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 516

Forum statistics

Threads