Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So Very Bummed

Goose.

Practically Family
Well, all are typing about their Federation IV Moonstones arriving.

Didn't want to 'jack some else's thread. So here's the status on mine:

Arrived today too. Ordered a 60. Received a 58.

Looks nice though...

jpbales

Practically Family
aaahhhh

that really stinks, all of that anticipation just to receive the wrong size! I'm sure they will rectify the situation

ValEag

One of the Regulars
Bummer

And here you were considering ordering one size larger, and got two sizes smaller. What's up with that? Have you emailed HD yet?

Tampahound

One of the Regulars
ACK!! :eusa_doh: Sorry to hear of that unfortunate situation Goose...

I'm sure HD or EA whichever you used will take care of you...but another wait will be no fun. :(

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Well, at least we're all positive they'll fix the situation. Another wait will be bitter sweet, but at least you know the day will come that you will receive the right size.

Goose.

Practically Family
Thanks gentlemen...
Yep. I was as excited as a kid on Christmas morning when the mailman arrived.

I know HD will make it right. They're GREAT. E-mailed them just a few minutes ago.

The good news is that I also received the Homburg and it's the right size.

And, yes, ValEag...how ironic about the size. Would of liked it better if they accidentally sent me a Bogart in the right size though ;)

ValEag

One of the Regulars
I wonder if HD will let you keep it for your trouble? They have been known to do such things. You could always give it to a cranium-challenged buddy!

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Man, stuff like that really urks the hell outta' me. Six-Oh. Not five-eight. They are not even remotely like one another. To me it's like, "Could you please pass me the duck sauce?" "Sure, here's the shoe string." How could someone get a thing like that wrong? I have no understanding for errors like that. A character defect on my part.

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sorry Goose. ;)

Things will work out. They are worth the wait. The upside you are dealing with a reputable company, not, some cheesy eBay wannabe.
icon14.gif

Goose.

Practically Family
Yeah...frosted my muffins HPG as I was assured that they found one in my size. So, I ordered it. But, at the time they did say more were coming in.
A 59 I might have Hat Jacked...no way with a 58. A 61 I would have kept too. But my Fed IV Deluxe dark brown is a 60 and fits perfectly...even after rain (unlike my Casual). So I'm getting a 60 that they are sending out today.

And, in all fairness to HD, they replied to my email about this in less than 15 minutes. Anyone would have to agree that's impressive.

So, here's the gig...they are sending me a size 60 today. I send them back the wrong one and they will PayPal me the cost of postage. Not bad. Just another 7-10 days across the big blue if all goes well.

I wouldn't sweat it Everwyck...I've ordered several Akubras from them with great results. As Carlise Blues stated, they are a reputable company.
This is the first issue I have had with HD. I am aware of at least another Hat Brother's issue that was resolved immediately. They are taking care of this one promptly as well (fingers crossed).

They will make it right and I plan on continuing my business with them. This is just a "I'm bummed" post that I put up...not even remotely a veiled jab at Hats Direct. I encourage all to do business with them, not just for the great in stock selection and pricing, but for the customer service. Fast shipping and great communication.

When I first joined this forum, several welcomed me and encouraged me to post pics. So here ya go lol

Below are the two new lids I received today.

I know, I'm not dressed in tails for a Homburg, but I thought I'd get the pic out for you to see the Akubra version...

Hope you all have a slendid evening. And thanks again for the support. I really needed a shoulder to cry on

crying-022.gif

497612815_iHYqM-S-1.jpg
497611681_jYzj4-S-1.jpg

ValEag

One of the Regulars
Originally posted by Goose.
"And, in all fairness to HD, they replied to my email about this in less than 15 minutes. Anyone would have to agree that's impressive.

I am aware of at least another Hat Brother's issue that was resolved immediately."
How true, how true - their service is awesome!

And thanks again for the support. I nreally needed a shoulder to cry on
That's what your hat brothers are for - maybe we should all order another Akubra or two to show our support! :)

Seriously though - hate it that you have to wait - :(

BTW - I don't think I could pull off the Homburg - you do it well.

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
Okay, hate to be the hard ass here, but . . .

Hats Direct ought to give you something for their screw up. Covering the postage of you mailing back the hat THEY incorrectly sent you isn't good enough.

Another hat company (I'll withhold their name) sent me the wrong hat last year. They told me to keep the wrong hat and they sent me the hat that I ordered at no cost to me.

Hats Direct should give you a free hat or something.

Goose.

Practically Family
Thanks ValEag and Tiller for the comments...especially about the Homburg. :)

Gilgamark, yeah, that would be cool. Especially since I have to take off time from work and drive to the Post Office and lose an hour or so pay (well, maybe I can do it at lunch and not use vacation time...but there and back, waiting in line, filling out the customs form...it will take more than an hour).

But, as stated, I've ordered about two hats a month from HD for at least a few months, and this is he first problem. If they weren't so good, I wouldn't order from them again. While I see your point (and that would be great) it was a simple error. I wouldn't keep the hat they sent anyway...doesn't fit :eek:

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
HUUUUGE bummer, Goose. Sorry to hear of HD's screw up. Given what a good customer you are, and given the support of HD by this forum, I'd hope they'd make the whole thing worth your while. In any case, the homburg looks sharp...I'm guessing the pain wouldn't be so bad if it weren't the hard-to-get Moonstone Fed you were waiting on! Good luck with a quick return.
Steve

Belegnole

One of the Regulars
Sorry to hear about your woes, at least HD is making good. I ordered my moonstone from them and had no issues and I plan on ordering from them again.

Woodfluter

Practically Family
So sorry to hear about your troubles, Goose, and yep, we are here for ya.

Just want to chip in and reiterate (for the umpteenth time it seems) that HD seems like a real stand-up outfit with good folks, and beyond that, that poop happens even when you are doing your best. I would be loath to forgive myself in that situation, but when you hire others and their attention wanders...really, nobody dies and everyone gets their goods eventually and waiting times slowly fade into the mists of oblivion. I know you'll love your hat when it arrives properly sized - I haven't gone a day, it seems, without wearing one of my Fed deluxes.

- Bill

Wil Tam

Practically Family
that does suck big time ... but shit happens ... reimbursement of shipping costs & a 10% off on your next purchase would be the right thing to do...

being able to keep the wrong size lid, no way!! especially since you can resell for full purchase price... if you were a retailer would you allow that?

I think not

----------------
Now playing: Dandy Warhols, the - Wonderful You
via FoxyTunes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24