Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

//SOLD//1940s DB Blue Suit//SOLD//

Jay

Practically Family
Well, I hate to let this go, but it is simply too BIG for me. Yeah, I'm a skinny guy. It's got some really wide lapels, two outward-facing pleats, tiny watch pocket below the waistband, dropped belt-loops, suspender buttons on the inside of the waistband, nothing too flashy, though. It's got no tags on it except for a '39 Union label. No moth damage, or snags, absolutely flawless.
Here we go:

Jacket-42?
Lining:Skeleton
Pants:Unlined
Jacket:Un-vented
Big Shoulders

Jacket Measurements:
Sleeve-25 1/2"
Length(Bottom of Collar to back of it)-29 1/2"
Shoulder to Shoulder-19"
Chest-About 42"

Pants Measurements:
Waist-34"
Length-42"
Inseam-29 1/2"

Laying flat the cuffs are 9 3/4"

PM me with offers.

Pictures!
(It's a tiny bit darker than this but the first picture shows the color best)
Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture.jpg

lefty12

Familiar Face
Aren't you able to find a tailor to do some alterations to fit you?
Forgive me if the reason is obvious, I'm a little naive.

Jay

Practically Family
I tried to save it, but every tailor I took it to said something along the lines of "whats wrong with the fit?" when I showed how it was baggy in the chest. I gave up and decided to share it here.

lefty12

Familiar Face
Hey Jay, I ran into a similar situation. Many of the tailors that I found told me that its was impossible to alter anything if its "way" too big.

After several months, I found a tailor and after taking my measurements, he said "come back next week". His pricing was very steep but boy did he do a fantastic job. No complaints.

slicedbread

A-List Customer
lefty12 said:
Hey Jay, I ran into a similar situation. Many of the tailors that I found told me that its was impossible to alter anything if its "way" too big.

After several months, I found a tailor and after taking my measurements, he said "come back next week". His pricing was very steep but boy did he do a fantastic job. No complaints.

I think Jay is saying that the tailors didn't think there was anything wrong with the fit and thus didn't trust them to alter it for him....

Sometimes it's just not worth the money to put into a suit to have it altered to fit. When you start playing with shoulders etc. it gets mighty mighty expensive.

Just ask my satisfied Classifieds customers. Get rid of what don't fit, boys. If it's more than one size too big, it's not worth the hassle. Really.

bk

Jay

Practically Family
slicedbread said:
I think Jay is saying that the tailors didn't think there was anything wrong with the fit and thus didn't trust them to alter it for him....
Exactly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy