Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some (iPhone) pics of my Aero A2 Bronco

Went down the street to the park with my wife for lunch. Here's some (fairly lousy, sorry) pics of my Aero A2 Bronco in capeskin.
Sorry HD, still no tan lol
Next time if it cools off, I'll try the HG-5.

A2-1.jpg

A2-3.jpg

A2-2.jpg

A2-4.jpg

Hi Butte;

Great looking jacket and a nice fit.

I did a double take............for a second I thought I was looking at Jan Solo and the infamous tree in his backdrop had shrunk!

Regards,
coffee

I did that on purpose. It was my Ode to Jan! lol wondered if anyone would say something - we have no snow though :)
And apologies to Jan. He's way too good-looking to have me even trying...

Windward

Practically Family
Thanks Butte for the pics - never saw an A-2 in cape - great looking! How the weight, is it similiar to Aero's mid weight horse? Hope to see also your HG-5 next ...!

WW, it's actually a lot heavier than I think most think Cape is. It was a special order, and frankly, I love it. I'd have to say it's about the same thickness as a mid HH and soft without being "fashion" leather - which is what I thought it would be like. It's my favorite or go-to jacket most of the time here.

The HG-5 is coming along nicely. That FQHH is a beast! I've read posts where folks call it painful to break in, and it's not an exaggeration. My insides of my elbows are indeed sore from it :) That said, by the time this spring rolls around, it's going to look great I think. Only challenge is I'm picking up that 50's HBD at the end of the month in Scotland and then I have to start a new one! But, at the end, I changed that order to Oil-Pull FQHH, which appears somewhat easier to break. I should be able to put some pics of the HG-5 up before I go...

And, BTW, the shirt I wore is so baggy on me now after losing 37 pounds that I'm going to ask my wife to take it in for me - it looks like a parachute. I ended up celebrating my new size by buying new shirts and pants for the most part and gave the rest to GoodWill. I kept a few that I really liked, but they're dopey looking now... :eeek:

Last edited:

Windward

Practically Family
@Butte....WOW.... losing 37 pounds ....! Congratulations!
Breaking in a new jacket is a better alternative to the gym and with much more fun, right? ;)

JanSolo

Practically Family
Scott, great looking jacket in one of Aero's most expensive skins. I really like the Bronco pattern. It's comfortable and slightly longer fitting but also trimmer and sharper looking than the 42-15142P which is too blousy for my taste. The fit is really good and the boots and the cargo pants are a good match for the jacket. ...But the shirt really IS oversized!

Excellent weather in California. No more leather jacket weather in Germany at this time of the year... I've been wearing my Gloverall dufflecoat and my Dale peacoat for three weeks now.

Thanks Jan - I didn't realize HOW BIG that shirt was until I saw the pics, lol
Like I said, I got rid of most of those now-too-large items, so you won't see me in any more pics like that :)
I'll be over in France, UK, etc. soon - I keep watching the weather and wondering what I'll wear there. I have to bring a jacket, but I'm picking up my new Aero, so I can't lug around two 10 pound FQHH jackets! I might bring over a cheap jacket that I can leave behind, but what if the Aero doesn't fit??? I have some thinking to do!

Thank you, AD.
It's one of my Fortis B-42 "Flying Gators" watch. I have no connection with them, but loved the watch and had a chance to pickup from a dealer friend in 2009. The other is a "One-Five-Four" squadron limited watch.
Both have custom straps as I don't like bracelets. I got one from a guy who takes WWI and WWII leather items that are in bad shape and makes straps. In the case of the one with the pebble-grain, it's from a Swedish WWI gun holster. The others I get from Toshi Straps in the UK. Thanks for noticing. :)

P1020562.jpg

P1020724.jpg

P1020769.jpg

P1020988.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou