Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Someone, please, send this kid to a tailor!

Lonn

Familiar Face
Hi,
I wish I could say I was too young to know better, but I am not. I am 47 years old and have not once had a piece of clothing altered by someone else. I have made my own hats and whatever else since I was young and just bought a worn out bespoke suit that almost fits to learn how to tailor on.
Help! There is only so much self reliance rational though allows!
I am 6'4" and have weighed exactly 160 lbs for 40 years. NOTHING fits "off the rack."
Surely there is someone in my neighborhood that already knows how to take in the waist a little and recover that extra cloth turned under at the cuff.
How do I find such a person and what should I expect it to cost? If there is anywhere in the world where someone might know... Might check the Fedora Lounge, eh.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Lonn said:
Hi,
I wish I could say I was too young to know better, but I am not. I am 47 years old and have not once had a piece of clothing altered by someone else. I have made my own hats and whatever else since I was young and just bought a worn out bespoke suit that almost fits to learn how to tailor on.
Help! There is only so much self reliance rational though allows!
I am 6'4" and have weighed exactly 160 lbs for 40 years. NOTHING fits "off the rack."
Surely there is someone in my neighborhood that already knows how to take in the waist a little and recover that extra cloth turned under at the cuff.
How do I find such a person and what should I expect it to cost? If there is anywhere in the world where someone might know... Might check the Fedora Lounge, eh.

YOu are in luck because there is at least one guy on this board from Seattle. All the vintage shops used to recommend Adam Tailors in Pioneer square. never tried them as I lived in SF for years, but I hear they are good.

Mateo

cookie

I'll Lock Up
A FL virgin

Who said that self sufficiency was dead? What a great story. There is a guy on UK cable who does this sort of stuff. Be careful mate - enter the FL at your peril.

rongoms

Familiar Face
there used to be a tailor in the Pike Place Market, just off 1st Ave, between Pike and Pine, behind the Bagel shop. he very well may be gone now, as many Market businesses have found it hard to survive.

He was an exceptional tailor for a young guy....i'll check down there tomorrow and see if he's still aound.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats