Someone talk me out of this green jacket...

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by lospice1, Oct 4, 2019.

1. lospice1

lospice1 One of the Regulars

2. hondurasdave47

hondurasdave47 Practically Family

3. lospice1

lospice1 One of the Regulars

I wanted the whiskey, but the Loden is calling me:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. ton312

ton312

Love that color but I’m not sold on the hide. Might be for Gustin equivalent pricing. But where it sits now is a bridge too far for me. too much pebbles and not enough bam bam.

5. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Not green enough.

navetsea and handymike like this.
  6. Garrett

Garrett My Mail is Forwarded Here

For that price they should provide a photo of the back.

7. Carlos840

Carlos840 I'll Lock Up

I have a modern Golden bear jacket in a leather that looks similar to the one you posted, it is IMO not worth the money.
    It is very much a mall jacket, the leather is thin and characterless, the fleece is thin, stitching is ok but nothing special.
    I got mine used for $200 and i think it was worth it, but had i spent the new asking price of $900 i would have been pissed.
    For that money you can get a much nicer jacket made from MUCH nicer leather.

I would still love to find a vintage Golden Bear CHP, but i will not buy another modern one.

[​IMG]

dudewuttheheck and ton312 like this.
  8. Goel

Goel One of the Regulars

That's a nice looking jacket... I actually like the shade of green as it's more subtle. I did buy a TS shirt once and it didn't fit well on me at all, very short and wide body which is the opposite of what I would need. Not sure if the jacket would be the same.

9. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

I prefer both of the other two colors - Whiskey and Expresso - over the Loden. Looks good but at $875 ... o_O

10. $875..er..no thanks.

Fanch, seres and ton312 like this.
  11. Peacoat

Peacoat Bartender Bartender

I agree with HD.

Fanch likes this.
  12. Logician

Logician One of the Regulars

This one is greener. It's not easy being green!

2263el5_20.jpg

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  13. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

God, no, mate. If it was petrol blue or similar, yeah. But that's just the wrongest of colours. Honestly, you could do and can do so much better. You'll wear that a couple of times, realise the error of your way and then regret that forever!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    Peacoat and Fanch like this.
  14. You'll look like an olive.....

Peacoat and Fanch like this.
  15. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

I like the color enough but am not sure their photos are representative of the color. I thought the Whiskey looked cool in pics. I had some free time near one of their shops and popped in to have a look. In person the whiskey looked one shade lighter than crayola orange. Really awful. Irrelevant but about the most aloof staff I’ve ever encountered. I have one of their shirts. I think it cost $100. It might be a little nicer than a shirt from the Gap or other mega brand. With that in mind i’d think the jacket would be a good deal in the $325 range.

ton312 and El Marro like this.
  16. lina

lina Practically Family

I agree that the TS jackets are a disappointing quality IRL.

17. IXL

IXL One Too Many

18. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

I too have looked at the moto jacket a few times but never felt a strong enough pull to buy one. My thought is that if you are after a green jacket the first place I would go would be Thedi Leathers.

19. Edward

Edward Bartender

TBH, it just looks like an also-ran copy of many of the Big Names in these parts. Inoffensive enough - the colour doesn't really bother me - but it doesn't strike me as anything special (which, at Aero-level money, it should). The other big dealbreaker for me would be the thinsulate liner. If I'm gonig to pay a premium price, I want vintage accuracy, and I'm not gonig to compromise with that sort of modern synthetic. Yes, I know they're not sellnig it as vintage per se, but all the same...

Psant25 likes this.
  20. Edward

Edward Bartender

Reminds me of a lot of seventies leathers that used to be everywhere in second hand shops for a tenner when I was a student in the nineties. Our crowd wore 'em because they were cheap. Then the fashion kids discovered grunge, and....

Sloan1874 likes this.