Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sources for vintage-style skinny dress belts?

MondoFW

Practically Family
Hey all. I own several pairs of true vintage trousers and a few of them have quite narrow belt loops, my modern one can't even fit into them. Can anyone name a source for simple skinny dress belts (1'' or less)? Thanks.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
You may have to go to etsy and see if anyone is making custom sized belts. OR,,,if you can find a woman's thin belt that has a snap for the buckle and change it to something non-female attire. I am not sure but someone here on the Lounge at one time was making belts. Maybe they will chime in?

Canadian

One of the Regulars
I agree. You will find many women's belts which are not entirely feminine, but are skinny. Lots of women's dresses or suits will have a belt such as that as part of the set of clothing.

Also, consider a military belt, many web belts from the armed forces tend to be quite skinny.

Another option is to buy a piece of canvas strapping, trim it up and attach a buckle.

MondoFW

Practically Family
Thank you two for the feedback. I searched on ebay and found these belts. The style fit what I'm looking for, so I took the plunge with one of their chestnut browns. Quite cheap, but maybe the quality will be much more than what I bargained for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy