Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spectator Shoes

Marty M.

Vendor
Bedrock widths

John,
The Broadstreets from Allen Edmonds are stocked up to a triple E. If you need wider then that let me know, I'll ask them. Also, this shoe is a Balmoral. Blutcher's are generally more confortable on wider and/or high instep feet. I own this shoe in a E width. It's a very confortable last. Cheers.

Marty

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Bear in mind, you're only going to get Broadstreets from Allen Edmonds in Black/White, unless you custom order a pair like I did in Chestnut/White.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
They are wearable

they are very cheaply made, but they don't kill your feet. They are not quality, and won't last like Allen Edmonds..or others.

I would say that if you wore them only a few times a year...then they are OK. If you walked in the city a lot on a daily basis, you 'll need crutches soon. IMHO.

They are really inexpensive, so you get what you pay for. Costume, fun, occasional wear shoes.

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
Would folks here agree that Stacy Adams offers a better spectator than Blair? I know SA is not Allen Edmond's but they still appear to have a nice selection.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Blair, the cheapo mail-order house you remember from the back of Parade magazine, offers these Botany 500 brown/white or black/white wingtips for $49.99:
m39500f.jpg

and these Stanley Blackers for $41.99 (markdown from $69.99):
i39564f.jpg

Stacy Adams, long known for this sort of thing, has decreased its offerings but still offers this model for $84.99 thru the Zoot Suit Store:
stacy21964brbg.jpg

this model for $89.99 in brown and beige:
madisonttbg1.jpg

and this one for $109.99 in brown or black:
stacyshoe00049bg.jpg

Not affiliated with either of these retailers, just curious myself...

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Well, not bd for the price.

Stacys are too cheap for my tastes, but how are the others? Is the leather and construction as cheap? Or do they look okay?

Mateo

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I had a pair of Blackers (patent tux pumps) on at a discounter not long ago. They were slippery and stiff and felt like they'd chop your feet up before you got the chance to put any wear on 'em.

The B500s I have no experience with at all. I can't imagine you'd get a decent dress shoe of any kind for half a c-note.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
I wonder where they are manufactured. I would think Mexican shoes could be had for cheap, but they really do decent quality. Whereas I would nto expect asian cheap shoes to be any good.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Sooner or later I've got to make my way out to Leon in the state of Jalisco; leather capital of Mexico. I'm tired of hearing from my friends about how I can get spectators shoes there, so I will just have to see for myself.

6StringShooter

One of the Regulars
yep...i'll keep checkin ebay. In the meantime i'll probably save up for the real nice ones. Those look cool (and thanks so much to all who posted) but if I'm gonna go for the look, I think I'll have to go all out and get the really nice stuff :)

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
I have a pair of those Botany 500 brown and white spectators. I wasn't expecting much for the price, but was pleasantly surprised. They seem pretty well made and very comfortable right out of the box. I'll post more info if they start to fall apart:) .

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
resortes805 said:
Sooner or later I've got to make my way out to Leon in the state of Jalisco; leather capital of Mexico. I'm tired of hearing from my friends about how I can get spectators shoes there, so I will just have to see for myself.

Years ago iwandered around tJ, wher a lot of the surplus stock ends up, but didn't find any good ones.

NOr in mexico city. I did buy a few pairs of killer modern shoes for cheap. Well made stuff.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
resortes805 said:

I was searching for Emco, which is made there and sold through Amway according to the net. I came across some pics of a shoe factory there.

I wonder, if you can find a factory making wingtips, could you talk them into making some with some white instead of black or brown in the middle?

Let me know when you go and I will join you. We can each tak half the city.

6StringShooter

One of the Regulars
I think i'm gonna buckle on the brown and white wingtips and get a pair of chili Allen Edmonds...I kinda like these a lot. I wish they had a regular brown patent leather-looking option, but the chili option will go nicely with the less formal outfits. It breaks the top of the price range, but I think it's worth it.:)
8915e.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21