Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spectator Shoes

guitarmasta12

A-List Customer
Just got these from a consignment store. $24!

20150715_215124_zpshdlvy4fl.jpg 20150715_215145_zpssbtyv02g.jpg

20150715_215211_zpsdk9ev1by.jpg

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
They look almost brand new its crazy! I think they are 30s or 40s.

Yes I think they are 1940's but may be older. Oh yes, the nylon mesh part of those shoes may have some silk blend in with them however, use the conditioner on the mesh as well as all over inside of them. The conditioner will help make everything supple and give them some renewed life! You can always use some clear wax polish after the conditioner soaks in and you wipe inside and out clean and let them dry a day or so befoe polish....SHOE TREE time! LOL!

Ryako

New in Town
Yes I think they are 1940's but may be older. Oh yes, the nylon mesh part of those shoes may have some silk blend in with them however, use the conditioner on the mesh as well as all over inside of them. The conditioner will help make everything supple and give them some renewed life! You can always use some clear wax polish after the conditioner soaks in and you wipe inside and out clean and let them dry a day or so befoe polish....SHOE TREE time! LOL!

This is a great tip. I have that same pair in black so I'm glad to hear I can use conditioner on the mesh as well. Was worried about discoloration.

cookie

I'll Lock Up

No that style is early 50s. That tell tale high vamp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto