Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spirit of St. Louis radios

twokays

New in Town
Has anyone had a chance to use the line of radios and other equipment that is marketed as The Spirit of St Louis? I have seen radios, clock radios, cassette/cd players, phones, etc. They look very vintage with big knobs and lots of buttons and switches. I think they are from the UK but get imported to the US on a limited basis.

http://spiritofstlouis.shopkit.net/

I have never seen or heard them in person, so I can't judge the quality of sound or workmenship. However, I can say that they seem to appear in upper end and unusual items catalogs that come out for Christmas time, so I have seen some models before. Some radios do look neat as a representation of some early field equipment piece.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
My grandmother bought me a reproduction cathedral radio/cassette player back in 1993... It worked great for what I needed... I wanted to have a vintage radio so bad but, the tape player came in so handy since I used to make my own tapes by recording 30s-40s music off of KPCC FM. I'd also pop in some old radio shows and listen to them... that was fun.

I still have that cathedral in it's original box in storage... it doesn’t work as well as it did when new but, it still works. I play mostly 78's now and my CD player is hidden away. Oh, I've come a long way since those early days of radio collecting.

My two bits is, they are a little cheesy, but what reproduction/retro item isn't?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn