Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sports topics

RedPop4

One Too Many
Where is the correct place in the Lounge to discuss sports? I don't see anyone else mentioning it, though, is it allowed? Is it allowed, but frowned upon by the members?

I'm just wondering.
I know there's a collective disdain for baseball caps, here, although I thought when I posted the Cooperstown Collection on the Hats board that the historical curiosity of many here would be piqued.

RedPop4

One Too Many
I guess I wasn't assiduous enough in my search, Baron.
I wear my heart on my sleeve as it were, through my avatar.

Today's also the Champions' League final, and I'd be curious as to what my fellow loungers thought about that.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Not frowned upon at all that I know of.

probably the Observation Bar.

The Cooperstown Hats site got a big airing in early 05, long thread. I think most guys here would love to have one of their caps.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I will probably follow the occasional sports thread. I'm primarily a football and baseball fan.

And sooner or later, you'll probably see my alma mater's athletic logo in my avatar: the Washington State University Cougars!

Redcougclearbackground.gif

For those of you who may not be familiar with it, take a look and you'll see that the shapes in the Cougar's head spell out W - S - U. This logo was created by a friend's uncle in the late 30's and was adopted by the university shortly afterwards. As far as I know, it's the only artistic/graphic logo in the US that contains the university's acronym as part of the design.

Go, COUGS!

RedPop4

One Too Many
Pilgrim, I would have never imagined that logo was that old. Good on 'em.

Etienne, I'm not an oarsman, but last night, MythBusters took on the oarsmen, and tried to water ski behind an 8 man.

Didn't get to see the result, just knew they were doing it, and couldn't sit to watch the whole episode.

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
I'm a baseball fan. Oakland Athletics and Chicago Cubbies.

Etienne, our mascot in High School was a Gondolier, if that counts. I played ball for them.

JoyfulGirl

New in Town
Baron Kurtz said:
I started a thread in the observation bar when the steelers made the super bowl.

bk

Orginially being from Pittsburgh, I'm a huge Steelers fan. Normally I follow football and baseball and maybe college basketball if Syracuse is playing. My basic sports theory is: if Pittsburgh has a team involved, I'm a fan of it (except for hockey, really. I somehow managed to miss the hockey vibe).

Doh!

One Too Many
It's a long fly ball to Because.

I love baseball. When we get to St. Louis, will you tell me the guys' names on the team so when I go to see them in that St. Louis ballpark I'll be able to know those fellows?

--Sure, but you know, strange as it may seem, they give ball players nowadays very peculiar names.

Funny names?

--Nicknames, pet names. Now, on the St. Louis team we have Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know is on third...

http://members.aol.com/acqtrly/who.html

Citizen Ed

Familiar Face
I'm a huge football fan, both college and pro and a faithfull follower of my Beloved Cincinnati Bengals. God rest your sainted soul Mr. Paul Brown.

I'm used to follow NASCAR religiously but not so much the last three or four seasons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart