Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Staff changes at Aero Leather

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
That's perfect Holly. Fyi, It's a 27.5" long regular 50s half belt. (To be clearer it is not the long halfbelt, it's a longer than usual 50s halfbelt).

It's actually not bothering me for now and I don't want to part with it yet. But if it's OK with you I would like to send it in for the treatment at some point in the not too distant future, so there'll probably be an email from me about that once it's too cold to wear it.

Thanks
Schitz

Of course, just let me know whenever you're ready!

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
I have to chime in and say this is the first time I have read a thread start to finish I think. My respect for the company has now grown beyond the respect for the product. It's easy to read btw the lines, hard for any business owner to communicate to customers what it really takes to make an operation go. But passion for what you do and respect for the customer's intelligence is paramount, and Holly in his remarks here, has shown both. Thank you. Keep it up!

Thank you, we're nothing without our customers.

But as HoosierDaddy pointed out, it's her ;)

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I suspect a typo for error for apba1166. The only "Holly" that I know of that was a him was Buddy Holly.

Peacoat

Bartender
Thanks HD. Good to hear some of that old Rockabilly done by the Texas boys. Sam Phillips of Sun Records in Memphis pretty much had the patent on it, but these boys got it right. This may even have been recorded at Sun. I'm not sure I was old enough to remember Rockabilly first hand back then (and if I were, I wouldn't admit it), but I do enjoy it. I would say this was one of Buddy's first recordings in maybe 1955 or 1956.

majormajor

One Too Many
Thanks HD. Good to hear some of that old Rockabilly done by the Texas boys. Sam Phillips of Sun Records in Memphis pretty much had the patent on it, but these boys got it right. This may even have been recorded at Sun. I'm not sure I was old enough to remember Rockabilly first hand back then (and if I were, I wouldn't admit it), but I do enjoy it. I would say this was one of Buddy's first recordings in maybe 1955 or 1956.

1956. A great performance, even though Buddy wasn't playing guitar, and the song is about a prostitute!! ;):D

PS. This thread is veering even MORE off topic!!

majormajor

One Too Many
There's always Holly Johnson.

If we're gonna do Holly Johnson, it should be this one - "blue jeans & chinos" - and a retro clothing vibe :D

[video=youtube;Svki4Rp9tlU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svki4Rp9tlU[/video]

apba1166

A-List Customer
Makes my appreciation even moreso. Thanks, Holly, and Apologies. (fixed and edited).

I have to chime in and say this is the first time I have read a thread start to finish I think. My respect for the company has now grown beyond the respect for the product. It's easy to read btw the lines, hard for any business owner to communicate to customers what it really takes to make an operation go. But passion for what you do and respect for the customer's intelligence is paramount, and Holly in HER remarks here, has shown both. Thank you. Keep it up!

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
guys, the steerhide highwayman was finally located in my local post office!! the box is dry and te jacket is great! the steerhide looks very smooth and new, also is half the weight as my wet-feeling horsehide halfbelt, which is good! now I'm wearing it in and hopefully will start to see creases!

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
guys, the steerhide highwayman was finally located in my local post office!! the box is dry and te jacket is great! the steerhide looks very smooth and new, also is half the weight as my wet-feeling horsehide halfbelt, which is good! now I'm wearing it in and hopefully will start to see creases!

Pics or it didn't happen!

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer

Oh I'm so glad. I forwarded your latest mail to someone else in the office while I was on holiday in the hope they could help. What a relief.

Glad you're happy with it :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ