Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stars you are in love with

leaette

A-List Customer
Today on TCM they were playing Thin Man movies all day long. I've never seen any of them! OK, don't all throw pillows at me at once! Well, I watched the second one and it was a great movie. Anyway...I am now officially in love with William Powell. (Don't tell my husband).
I was swooning over him the whole movie. He drips with charm. I'm a HUGE sucker for charm.

Does any movie star do that for you?

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
Well, not a movie star, but a music star....I've always been in love with the post Go-Go's Belinda Carlisle......My idea of beauty personified:

S

Samsa

Renee Fleming:

dvd5.jpg

Christina Marsillach:

cristina10.jpg

Matt Noir

One of the Regulars
I am with Gary on Leila!

I have always thought that MMM - Mary Miles Minter was an angel (despite the controversy)

MMM50.jpg

Anne Rutherford

rutherford_wallpaper6x8.jpg

Louise Brooks

Brooks011.jpg

Greta Garbo

garbo19_wallpaper6x8.jpg

Ava Gardner

ava2_wallpaper6x8.jpg

As for stars from today:

Cate Blanchett

normal_afanador_011.jpg

Jessica Biel

normal_037.jpg

Kirsten Dunst

so4.jpg

I could go on...but I need some air...did it get hot in here?

Bebop

Practically Family
I don't know about "In Love" but she can really make me aware that I am a hetrosexual male. Diana Krall. Her voice, her looks, the way she interviews. :eek: I get weak just thinking about her.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Bebop said:
I don't know about "In Love" but she can really make me aware that I am a hetrosexual male. Diana Krall. Her voice, her looks, the way she interviews. :eek: I get weak just thinking about her.

When it first came out, I saw a poster for her "The Look of Love" CD while walking past a Borders. I stopped and, with my command of the English language said, "Hmmmm? Oh my!"

I went in, looked at the CD and recognized a few song titles - S'Wonderful", "Cry me a River" and "The Look of Love". Now I have four of her CDs.

Lee

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Funny you should mention it, leaette

My wife found out about my love for Myrna Loy.:rolleyes:
If she weren't dead I'd be in big trouble.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Naama

Practically Family
James Dean I guess ;) Not just his looks, I think, from what I know of him (sure, you can never now...) he would also have the personality (without trying to sound ridiciulous lol ) and Johnny Depp of course!

And for non movie Stars, I'm completely in love with Oscar Wilde and Quentin Crisp, but that's a different story :D (yes, I'm strange.....)

But yes.... I try not to think of guys like that, since it seems, they will never cross your way anyway.....

Naama

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I tend to fall in love with women stars more than men (my "girl-crush" feeling is pretty strong!), but for the sake of this thread, I'll narrow it down to the men I'd most like to go on a date with if I weren't married and were alive 75 years ago...

dick_powell_1100-1.jpg

Dick Powell

william_haines_301.jpg

William Haines - my very first classic-movie crush!

buster_keaton_019.jpg

Buster

allen_jenkins_011.jpg

Allen Jenkins (scene steal extrordinaire!)

edward_everett_horton_1100.jpg

Edward Everett Horton

ned_sparks_500.jpg

Ned Sparks

karl_dane_1000.jpg

Karl Dane. Always had a thing for big, dumb, loveable guys.

el_brendel_004.jpg

El Brendel

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Latter day lovelies...

Helen Mirren and her golden globes...awards. lol
r123096_398127.jpg

Alicia Witt...actress, musician, genius, goddess, redheaded stepchild of Hollywood.
Alicia250806_471x600.jpg

Sizzling, incisive, zany, fascinating Allison Janney.
Emmy_AJ_203sheen2.jpg

Comic bombshell Jennifer Tilly...poker anyone?
Jennifer%20Tilly.jpg

The strangely Golden Era mystique of Maggie Gyllenhaal.
maggie_gyllenhaal_01.jpg

The most kissable pout ever...Mary Lynn Rajskub.
S.jpg

Lisa Edelstein...a jewel. (literally.)
20051021_edelstein.jpg

Not a star...yet. But it shouldn't be long...Broadway's singer-actress-musician-songwriter-heartbreaker Leenya Rideout.
pinkupright.jpg

I love you all. But especially Leenya.
Leenya, say the word and I will be your musical director, personal assistant, chauffeur, gofer, back-up vocalist, single biggest fan, shelter in a shower, coffee for your cream, and forever, ever yours.

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
First and foremost...DAVID BOWIE.
bowie.jpg

I've been utterly infatuated with David Bowie since age 12.

James Dean, of course.
dean-james-photo-xxl-james-dean-6231439.jpg

Bruce Lee!
bruce-lee-picture-large.jpg

His image graced my schoolbag all through high school. My boyfriend didn't like that much. [huh]

Tom from Daria.
tom.gif

Move over, Ms. Morgendorffer!

And movie star he is not, but I've always had a thing for Neil Gaiman.
neilscruffy.jpg

nyx

One of the Regulars
I completely agree with you about Neil Gaiman, gluegungeisha. There's nothing more sexy than a dark, intelligent man. I own almost everything he's written. With your red hair and glorious red lips, you could be Tori Amos, one of Neil's best friends!

As for my movie star, I have only two words for you all....Marlon Brando. Yes, I know he got fat and weird, but when he was young he epitomized everything that I think is sexy in a man: strong, quiet at times, but outspoken when he felt he needed to be, a little bit of a dangerous rebel. Plus he liked exotic women, and since I'm half-asian, I guess I qualify.

Marlon_Brando_1948.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn