Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stars you are in love with

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
For non Golden Era women...

A few. :)

I've always been Gaga for Andie Macdowell.
andie-macdowell01.jpg

Winona won my heart years ago.
the_age_of_innocence_tv_picture_155.jpg

And Sandra Bullock.

The%20Lake%20House%20(2006)%20-%20Sandra%20Bullock%20-%20(16).jpg

lindylady

A-List Customer
After watching My Man Godfrey, I developed a crush on charming, quick-witted William Powell. Other vintage stars:

Vincent Price (tall, urbane, sinister, yet darkly elegant)

John Wayne

Fred Astaire

Bing Crosby

Edward

Bartender
I don't know about "in love", heh, but there's many that I find unbelievably attractive...As a stereotyped-"type", I'm an absolute sucker for a girl with red or dark hair and pale skin - the paler the better. And CURVES - the fashion waif look just isn't for me. There's just something about that vampy look.... Actual women, though, that are "stars".... Betty Page circa 1956 was stunning. Salma Hayek does it for me too, the pale thing isn't exclusive. Actually, I think what I find attractive as much as anything is a certain attitude/ way of carrying oneself. And there's no turn on like intelligence and a sense of humour. Were I ten years younger, I'd be all about Traci Lords' as Wanda in Cry Baby. I do like Kirsten Dunst, she was especially pretty with the red hair in Spiderman. Kate Winslet is an attractive woman too.

Pretty much every woman in those old B&W films appears stunning to me - I guess my beauty ideals are very retro compared to the standards of today - a lot of the younger stars are too skinny these days, and that whole orange-fake tan look - euw.

be_lovely

One of the Regulars
She was everything I want to be in a woman

Audrey is my idol, from her beauty, to her grace, to her unselfish humanitarian work, she is the eppitamy of a real woman!!!

AudreyHepburnfly.gif

Novella

Practically Family
Joel McCrea:
He has charisma. He's hot, but not intimidatingly so. I love all 6 feet and 3 inches of him.

Dick Powell:
If he sang to me in real life I would probably be weirded out that someone was singing to me in real life. If he sang to me in a movie I would melt into a puddle of mush.

Paul Newman:
He is wonderful - young and old.

Christian Bale:

Honorable mentions to Robert Montgomery and Ioan Gruffudd.

Novella said:
If he sang to me in real life I would probably be weirded out that someone was singing to me in real life.
Why? You've got a personality worth singing for...;)
(And if I could find a song for you, I might, except that I have a voice made for silent film.lol)

As for me, too hard to call. Each of the ladies of the Golden Era has her own unique points in her favor...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24