Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steppin' out

VegasMike

One of the Regulars
I figured I'd bring a little class back to Vegas tonight :)
It needs a lighter hat, but overall I really like this suit. I picked it up second hand for about 25 bucks. The tag on it says it was hand made in Hong Kong at the Penninsula hotel by William Yu. I goggled up that Hotel and it looks super nice, so it might be a pretty expensive suit :)

100_0769.jpg

100_0777.jpg

I'd love to the suits some of you guys are wearing out on the town.

EDIT: yes, that hat actually is gray, just the suit is such a light gray, and being at night the pics make it look kinda brown.

VegasMike said:

100_0769.jpg

Just the Facts Ma'am, just the facts!

My companions and I were a well dressed group in the July visit to the City of Lights - Las Vegas. Unfortunately my digidtal camera did an electronic freak-out and did not take any pictures that are deciferable.

Looking good for Vegas!

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Welcome to the Fedora Lounge, "made in Hong Kong at the Penninsula hotel by William Yu suit" man!

uhh...I mean welcome....nevermind.

Welcome Mike.

I also think you could pull off a look as a Vegas mobster. Find a double breasted suit, quick!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
The Peninsula

VegasMike said:
It needs a lighter hat, but overall I really like this suit. I picked it up second hand for about 25 bucks. The tag on it says it was hand made in Hong Kong at the Penninsula hotel by William Yu. I goggled up that Hotel and it looks super nice, so it might be a pretty expensive suit :)

100_0769.jpg

100_0777.jpg

I'd love to the suits some of you guys are wearing out on the town.

EDIT: yes, that hat actually is gray, just the suit is such a light gray, and being at night the pics make it look kinda brown.

Anything out of the Peninsula Hotel is pure class. I used to stay down at the Sheraton in Tsim Shat Sui and would always go for a visit over there just to suck in the atmosphere of the grandest hotel in HKG and one of the world's finest. Guests got picked up in a Rolls for heavens sake... That suit is the goods and USD25 :eek: Jeesh....:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :p

Shanghailander

One of the Regulars
Ah, the Peninsula Hotel!

I had dinner there twenty years ago and the bill for two of us was $350 - enough for 14 of those suits! That dinner (and drinks, wine, and port) were good, but you got the better bargain!

VegasMike

One of the Regulars
Wow! 350 bucks for two people? I DID score :p
One of the bosses at work took me and my IT director out to dinner at the MGM Grand here in town once, and it was about 400 for the four of us. I was so glad that wasn't MY bill....

Edward

Bartender
Sharp looking suit. The hat doesn't do it an injustice, though I agree somethingl ighter would complement the overall look better. Maybe a light grey homberg? A nice ivory linen pocket square would set it off nicely too. Great looking suit, though - and nice choice of tie to go with it. :)

Rob

Familiar Face
Lovely suit; Hong Kong is a wonderful place to get tailoring done. Decent quality, yet VERY cost-effective. You might be surprised at how little the suit actually cost the owner, new, despite its quality.

GBR

One of the Regulars
The Peninsular is one of the best hotels in the former colony - well worth staying at. It even uses Rolls Royces to collect and deliver guests to the airport!

William Yu is one of the three top tailors for craftsmanship as well.

The suit therefore is good for that money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael