Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson 6X versus Akubra Heritage collection

Fedster

Familiar Face
Hi All,

I would like to ask you how does a Stetson 6X felt compare to the felt of an Akubra Heritage collection hat. Which one is more durable? which one is smoother, softer etc? And of we look at the leather sweatband, how would a 6X Stetson compare to Akubra Heritage (softness, width, etc)?

Best

F

6X Stetson is a western weight body where Heritage by Akubra is a dress weight body.
I'm sitting here with a 6X silverbelly Stetson western hat & a Campdraft Deluxe.
The CD Deluxe is smoother finished, lighter weigh (stated above), denser felt, softer to the touch & more easily shaped, brim & crown.
I like the look & feel of the Heritage sweatband over the Stetson but they are both nice sweats.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
6X Stetson is a western weight body where Heritage by Akubra is a dress weight body.
I'm sitting here with a 6X silverbelly Stetson western hat & a Campdraft Deluxe.
The CD Deluxe is smoother finished, lighter weigh (stated above), denser felt, softer to the touch & more easily shaped, brim & crown.
I like the look & feel of the Heritage sweatband over the Stetson but they are both nice sweats.

...and if you don't mind, where does the Fed IV "Deluxe" fit in to this mix? Thx.

Ginseng

One of the Regulars
The felt of my Fed IV Deluxe feels very much like that of my Campdraft Deluxe. The only difference is that the F4D feels more stiff, presumably due to more lacquer or stiffener. They are both really nice and substantial in the hand.

Fedster

Familiar Face
Hi All,

thanks for the info, especially thanks to gtdean48! I am not sure what the difference between dress and western weight felts is, I own a Banjo, and I was under the impression that it is an outdoors hat designed to take sun and rain in abundance -- the heritage felt should be more not less resilient than the imperial felt. I am overly optimistic?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR