Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

STETSON COLONY

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Got this yesterday, for $42, at the Outlet in Garland, TX. Stetson "Colony". 2 1/2" brim. Open crown. Bound edge. Purple liner. Quality fur felt. The color is "Sahara". Very nice medium brown leather sweatband. The only marking on the sweatband is the Stetson logo, in gold. I searched, but haven't been able to find this hat listed by any of the usual vendors. The ID label is written by hand, rather than computer printed, like all of the other hats at the outlet store. My guess is that it may be a prototype. It is certainly the nicest hat I now own (and I have several Borsalino's). The only thing I would change would be to use a ribbon that matches the edge binding. Hatco should definitely manufacture this model!!! :) :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

P1060674.jpg

P1060679.jpg

P1060691.jpg

So far, I have only put a modest center crease in the crown. I may (or may not) add side dents and a front pinch, later.

Did I mention I love this hat?

billyspew

One Too Many
J.T.Marcus said:
Got this yesterday, for $42, at the Outlet in Garland, TX. Stetson "Colony". 2 1/2" brim. Open crown. Bound edge. Purple liner. Quality fur felt. The color is "Sahara". Very nice medium brown leather sweatband. The only marking on the sweatband is the Stetson logo, in gold. I searched, but haven't been able to find this hat listed by any of the usual vendors. The ID label is written by hand, rather than computer printed, like all of the other hats at the outlet store. My guess is that it may be a prototype. It is certainly the nicest hat I now own (and I have several Borsalino's). The only thing I would change would be to use a ribbon that matches the edge binding. Hatco should definitely manufacture this model!!! :) :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

P1060674.jpg

For $42 I'd buy one of those!
I agree that the edge colour should be the same as the ribbon.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
OK -- that is the first recent Hatco/Stetson lid I've seen that I would actually consider buying. I love that ribbon treatment. Open crown, nice binding. Hmmm...

Thanks for posting that one, J.T. -- and congrats! Incidentally, on my screen the ribbon appears to match the binding. Could you describe the color of each?

Cheers,
JtL

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
Incidentally, on my screen the ribbon appears to match the binding. Could you describe the color of each?

Cheers,
JtL

The ribbon is a pugaree; the binding is grosgrain. The ribbon is noticably darker, when viewed in most light.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
I've never seen that model in any of the catalogs. It could have been a special make up order for a store. Or , it could have been a style that never made it to production.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

epic610

One of the Regulars
what's so tough about...

putting this hat in production? it seems to me that when you have a product that literally has grown men drooling over it . . . then marketing theory would hold that you get it out to the market.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
That hat is wonderful.:eusa_clap And why is it not in production? Is the point to keep sales down. That wonderful example of what Stetson could be is everything they currently aren't:rage:

Pilgrim

One Too Many
That's a VERY nice looking hat. It would appear to be well worth more than $42. Also, the proportions of crown and brim are very pleasing.

Congratulations on a nice find!

carldelo

One Too Many
Nice

That's a nice specimen - I'm a bit jealous, OK, very jealous. Is the felt quality on the band? Let's hope the new Whippet II is this nice, eh?

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That looks to be a nice hat, Mr. Marcus. How high is the open crown?

It's been a while since I've seen you around the lounge. It's good to have you back, and I hope all is well with you and yours.

Neil

A-List Customer
Stetsons in general

Umm. . . I wanted to post this in the thread about complaints about Stetsons, but it's closed now, so. . .
I've had a Stetson Pinnacle for about six months now, and the more I wear it, the more it moves toward being my favorite hat. I like the crown height, I like the brim, I like how soft it is, I like its implied slouch.
So there, Hatco. My two cents worth.

Rick Blaine

Looks good!

I gotta say I do like the look of that Colony. Was it meant to be open crown? And how high is that crown? Anyway it looks great on you. I am so lucky I don't live near that place!

Mr. Paladin

Dagnabit! I knew I should have gone by last week! That is a great find! I like that very much on you; the color is great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24