Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson crest dating

fedoracentric

Banned
It seems to me that Stetson kept using the two griffin logo until maybe the early 20s. But less and less in the teens and 20s in favor of the beaver-griffin version we are all more familiar with. At least by the 30s it seems they switched permanently to the version we are familiar with.

It's too bad we really have few pre 1900 Stetsons to look at for this sort of stuff.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
1920s/30s
ysequ2yt.jpg

1920s
heqyjura.jpg

1900s
3ybe3ezy.jpg

1920s
ja9uty2e.jpg

1920s
e7ujuju3.jpg

Matthewlawson3

New in Town
Stetson logos

Guys, I have two, as far as I know, modern Stetson Saxon Royal fedoras. One is midnight blue and the other is Cordova. They both have a different type of Stetson logo on the underside of the crown inside...what does this mean? Is one newer than the other?

fedoracentric

Banned
Stetson logs changed frequently, but for most of the time since the 30s there seems to have been two main ones. Still, it depends on what you have. There were a lot of different ones from different eras.

Matthewlawson3

New in Town

barrowjh

One Too Many
Here is an Imperial w/Suede Finish, a date stamped in the sweatband of Feb 16, 1949. The crest on the sweatband has the field of dots in the upper left box, as per Dinerman's original post.

The dated side -

The hat -

To the extent this hat may also be useful for other 'dating' threads I will post it there also; not often we find one with a date stamp!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou