Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Eagle

IndianaGuybrush

One of the Regulars
Does anyone know anything specific about this kind of Stetson? I'm in the market for a vintage fed to serve as a Bogey fedora and through the "usual channels" I've found a couple of these Stetson Eagles available. One of them is being offered with what is an unmistakably old hat box, but has a black sweatband which, from my research on this site, indicates it's not as old as the seller would like the prospective buyers to believe (it's apparently part of the Steson Royal De Luxe line, if that helps). The lining looks new too, and I really don't want to bother buying this hat if it isn't a vintage fedora. let me know if any of you guys have had experience with this particular kind of Stetson. Thanks gents.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
The Royal deluxe line of Stetson is a nice felt, BUT if its got a black sweatband don't bother, it's one of the newer lines. There are numerous real vintage fedora's that will come up, just be patient.

regards fedoralover

IndianaGuybrush

One of the Regulars
<sigh>, thanks fedoralover, that's basically the conclusion I came to anyway. Don't worry about me, I can be very patient, and I see no point in "settling" for a newer fed when what I'm looking for is that old vintage quality felt. Thanks a bunch for the help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff