Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Fashion Collection 1940s Stratoliner Fur Felt Fedora Hat

Status
Not open for further replies.

carldelo

One Too Many
The fedora store is now selling the stratoliner again.

Busted! You haven't read the thread - it started with a post about the new Stratoliner at the Fedora Store.

EDIT - I see by RBH's comment below that two threads were merged, so this is a case of false arrest - my apologies...

Last edited:

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Great ad would love one too. I read Movile Vulgus metion of Panama Bob's sale on Hats and picked up a couple.
Caballero.jpg

I ordered a calballero in brown and a Teardrop. Can not wait to get them an at 9.99 its close to the 1.95 today shipping is kind of high but looks like a couple of great summer hats to wear.

chiefusmm

New in Town
Having been a Stratoliner fan for as long as I can remember, I just had to pull the trigger and order one. Went with the Caribou color. I've got two vintage Strats one in class A shape, and one thats looking quit poorly after many years of use, and abuse (my fault I'm sad to say, young and dum). If the new ones are half as nice as the old I'll be pleased, and and at my age I figured its about time I bought a hat a get to be the first person to wear it.

navarre

Vendor
Stratonliner Re introduced

Just got emailed this from Hat Life:

STETSON BRINGS BACK THE STRATOLINER HAT

We just got the scoop on this new Stetson hat (from the 40's) from the hat man himself, Duane Dewsbury.

Stetson re-introduced the Stetson Stratoliner Hat, originally created almost 70 years ago. After months of coordination between HatsAmerica (owners of www.TheFedoraStore.com) and RHE Hatco, Inc. of Garland, Texas (Hatco), this famous hat has been reintroduced in the Stetson Fall/Winter 2011 Dress Hat line.

The Stetson Stratoliner hat has a classic style. A wider brim than your popular urban fedora, and a lighter, quality fur felt construction. Fueled with exuberance for the age of air travel, the Stetson Stratoliner drew its name from the sleek, silvery four-engine Boeing 307 Stratoliner passenger planes that debuted in 1940. This plane became Howard Hughes' private luxury airliner during his association with TWA, the airline that flew the Stratoliners.

Dewsbury, owner of headwear retail website www.TheFedoraStore.com, said he is really excited that the folks at Stetson have agreed to bring the hat back. "In July 2010, I spoke with Gary Rosenthal at Stetson and suggested they bring back this style."

Rosenthal seemed pretty happy to bring the hat back: "I wouldn't mind re-activating the Stratoliner style because we are featuring "retro" or older style hats. For example, we brought back the Whippet style and we are doing well with it in felt and straw."

Dewsbury discovered there was a lot of interest in this style hat, and that there were many collectors of it. "There was a decreasing availability of the old Stratoliner Hats, and those available online on auction sites were quickly increasing in value. I even found an online discussion group called the 'Stratoliner Society' at www.TheFedoraLounge.com," he said.

Because of the strong following and interest in this vintage Stetson hat, Dewsbury worked with the management at Stetson to bring the hat back. He said he is pleased to be the first, after nearly half a century, to offer the Stetson Stratoliner for sale on his website.

The Stetson Stratoliner is made by RHE Hatco, Inc. of Garland, Texas (Hatco). Under its Stetson license agreement, Hatco continues to have the exclusive right to manufacture and distribute felt and straw hats, including Western and dress hats, in the US, Canada, and Mexico.

They say what goes around comes around – so welcome aboard The Stratoliner.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just got emailed this from Hat Life:

STETSON BRINGS BACK THE STRATOLINER HAT

Now, that's the kind of hat news I was interested in reading, as per an earlier thread. If there were more than one such item per month, I would be interested to see a permament feature on TFL with market information like this. In addition, maybe we need a columnist from the industry who is in position to know about "hat trends" in the sense of a business reporter, and a features columnist about "lots of hats springing up in San Francisco," or something like that. I would bet that a regular feature in TFL would eventually get seen by many, both consumers and those in manufacturing, retailing and vintage-ing.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Now, that's the kind of hat news I was interested in reading, as per an earlier thread. If there were more than one such item per month, I would be interested to see a permament feature on TFL with market information like this. In addition, maybe we need a columnist from the industry who is in position to know about "hat trends" in the sense of a business reporter, and a features columnist about "lots of hats springing up in San Francisco," or something like that. I would bet that a regular feature in TFL would eventually get seen by many, both consumers and those in manufacturing, retailing and vintage-ing.
All excellent ideas.

It would be fantastic if we could somehow get hats OUT of the fashion orbit and into the less trendy, more lasting market of men's classics. Like good shoes, leathers and such. Like those goods, hats ARE functional - but maybe they're too stylish for men to understand their function.

carldelo

One Too Many
Does anyone know if this will remain a Fedora Store exclusive, or will it be generally available at some point?
Just curious really - if I buy one, I would probably opt to get it from the Fedora Store as an acknowledgement of their effort to get the hat produced.

Does anyone know if this will remain a Fedora Store exclusive, or will it be generally available at some point?
Just curious really - if I buy one, I would probably opt to get it from the Fedora Store as an acknowledgement of their effort to get the hat produced.

This statement makes me tend to believe it is not exclusive but maybe The Fedora Store got a head start =
"this famous hat has been reintroduced in the Stetson Fall/Winter 2011 Dress Hat line."

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Just got a reply from Mr. DelMonico. Now that was quick. I said he just saw that statoliner this morning and that he will have it in stock around June first.

Jeff

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24