Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Straw Hat Day

KingAndrew

A-List Customer
I've been wearing mine for a few weeks already. Today was high 80s and very humid in Shanghai. I was sweaty even in my seersucker suit and straw hat. It will only get warmer from here to September...

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

i put most of the felts away May 4, it was already 80 most of the time. Natrually it got cold again for a day.

later

froguy

New in Town
Spring remains merely a state of mind in Western Ma. You can see it down the road but its surely not here yet. They had a Blizzard on the Cape and the Islands, on the coast out east so.....it'll be a while.
Hope springs ( pun intended) eternal and I'll at least send one of my winter straw purchases to Tom Gomez for a new sweatband this weekend. Something to look forward to. Its been a LONG, COLD, SNOWY haul this year.

fashion frank

One Too Many
Just got this one in the mail and we just dodged a major snowstorm so no wearing it outside till May!

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

P.S. I was trying to read all odf the articles in the very first post of this Thread but alas only the first one was active, although I liked the newspapers that RBH posted it was interesting to see how different dates were declared as the start date , wow funny how the world and things change !

Last edited:

fashion frank

One Too Many
Last edited:

fashion frank

One Too Many
Check This Guy Out !

Was looking at old photos and this caught my eye on Shorpy.

Notice the group of young fellows stopping at the corner on the right to let the lady pass by in front of them, all in straw hats ,but one guy is reaching up to "doff" his hat in respect to the woman as she passes , boy you dont see that anymore first of all no one wears hats like that
(en mass) and even if they do and or did they would most likely not even know that they should as a sign of respect to a woman , WOW have things changed :eusa_doh:

http://www.shorpy.com/node/13313?size=_original#caption
All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buhles