Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stretch mark coverage

HollyGolightly

New in Town
Since about 7th grade I have been graced with the gift of stretch marks.

I've always been off the growth scale (So My Dr Tells Me) and I'm still growing. I'm 5'8 1/2 right now and my Dr. said I’ll probably stop at 5'10 or 6ft.

So anyway, I have lovely stretch marks, on my lower back, inside my thighs and starting now! On the back of my knees.

It was never a problem, until a girl at my school what happened to my lower back. I told her I was attacked by a lion. ^_^ Sounds more entertaining then "I just grow to fast".

Also when my sister saw them she kindly remarked “Ha Your Ripped Goods Now!”
……I couldn’t love her more…. ><

My questions are.

1. What is the best cream to at least fade these suckers down? (i know I'm stuck with them for life)

And

B. Do guys really care about them? I know this is the "Beauty" section but in anyone’s experience. Do they care? Do they even notice?

Thanks a lot ladies!
=^_^=

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I have no idea what can get rid of them, but I really don't think guys notice them, or even know what they are!

Then again, my boyfriend is a big guy, so he has his fair share of stretch marks to. To be honest, they don't bother me at all, on myself, on him or on anyone else. And I think all of those creams and stuff are baloney. I have noticed that my stretch marks have become a bit less noticeable over the years, though. So maybe time fades them a bit?

Ed Bass

One of the Regulars
This is not uncommon in young women (teens). I remember by daughter's concern with the same issue at about the same age. She's tall and grew fast. She was devastated but they were practically nothing to me. I told her they would certainly fade within a few years and they absolutely did just that.
Stop worrying, nobody of any real worth will judge you by this relatively temporary situation. Anyway we love you. (lion rips and all!) lol
Best, Toots

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I have stretch marks and I really don't care about them. I was heavy when I was younger and that's when the stretch marks were really dark. But I lost 60lbs when I was 18 and the marks have faded drastically over the past 14 years. And I agree with pigeontoe about the creams.

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Men, in general, don't notice all the little "flaws" that we women do. I've got stretch marks AND I have vitiligo (its kind of a devasting disease in that my body attacks the pigment cells in my skin and now I've got various white patches and assorted pigmented patches all over my body. Its getting more noticeable (to me) these days on my hands, face, neck, etc.--I feel very 'calico'.) But my husband of 26 years, who has seen me in my svelte youth through to my now more...uh-hum, middle-age years and he says I'm still beautiful. So, no, men that really count in your life won't notice these things. You've got a wonderful life ahead of you!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
They are 'blemishes' on skin like moles and freckles. I have a few but if I cared Id be a basket case lol

I do find a richly based cocoa butter just evens out the skin no matter the flaw.

LD

zaika

One Too Many
a friend of mine swore by lavender oil. i guess it worked because she never tried anything else. my stretch marks have faded. they were really pink and awful in high school. but now, it's just fine. :)

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
In my teens I was blessed with them too. Mine were from the more, er, womanly developing, so I have them on my hips, thighs, and bosom. They fade significantly as you get older. Mine are now white and can only be seen in certain lighting.
When they are fresh and red or purple, I think they are visable. However, I don't think my hubby even knows I have them. I've never used any creams etc, but I've heard that really expensive one (Strivectin??) does work.

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
Just don't care! It is amazing what "flaws" we women can find on our bodies, often because we are fed with false beauty images that makes us belive that women should be flawless. The truth is, it is natural to be uneven, or "marked" or "flawed" in some way.

Stretch marks is nothing wrong, just the natural way your skin behaves when you grow. Cellulite is just the way fat behaves on some parts of a female body, and there is nothing we can do about it. And the skin on your elbows is ust naturally rough! (Just to name a few examples.)

But the thing is, if someone can make us belive that these things are wrong and not the way we are supposed to be, and can sell us a product that is supposed to "correct the flaw", they will make a lot of money. The brilliant thing is to describe something natural as a flaw, then the market is enormous! I would not be surprised if we soon are led to belive that pinky toes are flaws and that there is a cream that helps....

So take comfort in knowing that these marks are not ugly or wrong, it is just the natural way we look.

But I'll get off my soapbox now....;)

V

VargasBaby

I concur with the rest of the ladies here, gents dont seem to notice them nearly as much we as do! I got mine primarily with being pregnant. But those that I've....ahem....been with since dont seem to mind and if they do, they are polite enough not to mention it. ;)

I was lucky in that mine were never dark, just the usual white stretchy marks, but nothing I seem to do will make them any better then they are. So I've just accepted it.

Funny enough, I do think genetics has a role to play. My grandmother was pregnant seven times and had five children. Not a single stretch mark. Me...yeah. Not so lucky!lol

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Holly,

I was in the same boat as you when I was in high school. I grew 4 inches during the summer between 6th and 7th grade - I was 5'7" in 7th grade. No one noticed my stretch marks because I was so much taller than everyone else, even most of the seniors (everyone in my school was really short)! They just picked on me about my height :rolleyes:

I topped out at just shy of 6' - something like 5'11.5" Luckily, I never had the insane 4 inch growth spurt again, so the marks gradually faded. They are now a silvery-white, and I don't even notice them unless I look hard.

My husband went through the same kind of spurt, and ended up with marks as well. Neither of us notice the marks on the other person. They are so unimportant. Most men haven't noticed them, and I wore some skimpy clothing in my teens. I think they were too busy oogling my legs and over-exposed midriff :rolleyes: lol :D

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Despite being extremely tall, I had no stretch marks at all until I was 18 and put on about 20 pounds very fast. So entirely self-inflicted (and due to the pill) which makes me mad at myself! But they are hard to see now, and they don't bother me at all.

PolkaDotMeggie

A-List Customer
I have no idea what can get rid of them, but I really don't think guys notice them, or even know what they are!Then again, my boyfriend is a big guy, so he has his fair share of stretch marks to. To be honest, they don't bother me at all, on myself, on him or on anyone else. And I think all of those creams and stuff are baloney. I have noticed that my stretch marks have become a bit less noticeable over the years, though. So maybe time fades them a bit?

My hubby is a big quy too. He is shorter than me but is very built. His biiig butt runs in the family but I love it. I agree with the thought that most men probably don't notice/care because I think men can be just as uncomfortable about their own body to care! Plus they should just be thankful to be with a beautiful woman who loves/cares/adores/fill-in-the-blank them!!!

I say forget about the stretch marks. Embrace them and just take care of your body. Be healthy and take care of yourself. That's all that matters.

Feathers

Familiar Face
Ah yes, stretch marks. I have a few too but I have noticed they've faded almost completely away with time. I don't know if it'll work or not but I got burned really badly on my back and right arm quite a few years ago. I used to put vitamin E oil on the scars regularly once a day or every other day. They've faded a lot more than if I had just left them alone. Just simply buy a bottle of vitamin E and to apply, poke a hole in the bottom (or top) of the soft capsule and squeeze out. I usually use a safety pin to poke a hole in it, myself. Then, rub onto your scars. Hopefully that helps! :D

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Feathers said:
I used to put vitamin E oil on the scars regularly once a day or every other day. They've faded a lot more than if I had just left them alone.

I never tried it on stretch marks, but that's what the doctor told my Mom to do when I got stitches when I was 6. We bought a bottle of vitamin E oil and every night before I went to bed, she rubbed a little on the scar. The scar is very light and almost invisible, but then I don't scar much, so I can't swear that it was the vitamin E. [huh]

dostacos

Practically Family
ok, I think I am the first GUY to answer this, here goes.

NO we probably won't get upset with the stretch marks, [actually if the guy is that shallow, run the other direction as fast as possible]

In other words, if the guy is only interested in looks, you don't need him, if he sees YOU, then it won't matter to him in the slightest.

Now as you are sweet 16, I will tread lightly;) however, when you are of consenting adult age, and are in a serious relationship, [like with a RING on the finger cousin father Bob has performed the appropriate ceremony {no, NOT the elevator operator at the InterContinental Mark Hopkins Hotel while riding to the TOP OF THE MARK! but a real Priest, Pastor, Rabbi Shaman, Holy (Wo)man or other LICENSED person that can serve in this capacity} you have said young man of sound stock, and fine upbringing, rub the "special" lotion on these "stretch marks"

Now it does not need to be something that actually treat them, just a good excuse for you to get a nice massage:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

as you are only 16 I am NOT suggesting this is an activity for Friday or Saturday night dates ok?

oh yeah, I should have run the other way when my ex wife wanted COUSIN Father Bob to marry us. but that is a story for another day.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart