Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sucker for the high crowns

Wild Root

Gone Home
There, I fixed the JJ.

Wish you could buy it like this.

3541xh.jpg

WR.

Wild Root

Gone Home
The man may have the hat cocked slightly to one side too. But, I have seen this many times in the late 20's and early 30's. Most men wore hats differently every season.

See, this guy has the same look, Check it out....

platinumblonde29ww.jpg

WR.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Who is it?

Root where it that last pic from? What movie? She's a doll!

PS Matt, that is a great hat, it may be the camera angle, notice Roo's pic, it is from higher up. I think the shot shows poorly, not the hat.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Yes, it looks like a Borsy don't it! Now you know who wore the hat before you found it! :p I'm not sure what movie that's from but, I could find out if you like Andy!

Most of my hats fit like that. Low to the ears! Well, that's because mainly how I wear them; cocked to one side. So, one side touches and the other don't.

Root.

undertaker

Practically Family
These sre great photos. I prefer the taller crown with wider ribbons. After I got my first from Art (5 1/2 Crown) I got rid of all my newer low crown hats. Now I have gone to a 5 3/4 crown and I love 'em.

Here are my customs again, in case you've forgotten.:D
BlueSmoke001.jpg
5.75" Crown

ArtFawcett2bb.jpg
5.75" Crown

ArtFawcetton2.jpg
5.5" Crown

Regards,
J.S.

The real Henry

Practically Family
Here's a early 30s hat I bought recently:

2yxhwed.jpg

4ckgv0k.jpg

4btksar.jpg

33xzbj9.jpg

29lk56s.jpg

49k94ro.jpg

2sb018p.jpg

48h0dh3.jpg

I love the style and the colour!
An interesting thing about this hat is that the side are pretty short compared to the wide front and back of the brim!

Regards,
Henrik

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
That's a dimensional brim. Meant to give you a little more shade, but without a wide brimmed look.

Goes well with the jacket. You're lucky, you're young enough not to look like an Indiana Clone :) - maybe a German farmboy from Indiana.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo