Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suede shoes

geo

Lately, I've become very fond of suede shoes. When I look at Apparel Arts/Esquire illustrations, it seems that half the time suede shoes were worn with suits in daytime. So here are some I like:

This is my favourite, from Pakeman. Not too much punching and the right color:
s1.jpg

This is an Alfred Sargent Premier collection from Pediwear. Good too, a little too light maybe:
s2.jpg

For winter, Loake 1880 from Pediwear. The color is a richer brown than in the photo, and it's a solid rubber-soled winter boot that can be worn with a suit.
s4.jpg

The best qualitywise, Tricker's (from Pediwear) makes a suede version of this shoe. It would be my favourite, if it had a cap toe instead of the wingtip.
s5.jpg

clevispin

One of the Regulars
I had a professor in school who wore brown suede wings with blue jeans. The cuffs were frayed like the fringe on a rug - a nice touch.

m

geo

I like to wear my suede shoes with a grey chalk-striped suit, a look pioneered by the Duke in 1924 during his tour of the US.

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Ditto!

Try them with a blue chalk stripe as well. The contrast makes the blue look much richer.

geo

Not necessarily for warm weather. The Loake boots above are perfect for winter. The Dainite sole is great on ice and snow. The sole looks like this one below:
s6.jpg

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
scotrace said:
My new Suede saddles are in the closet. Suede is for warm weather, right? Or can I get them out now?
Personally, I think you can wear them if they're dark. If they're light, then I would hold them until April (in the North East) or say, when it gets consistently above 55. :)

I have a chocolate brown pair of suede wing-tips and I wear them all year. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran