Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suit color?

Detective_Noir

One of the Regulars
hi i have recently bought a Foreman and Clark fedora with the colors of chocolate brown and the ribbon being a copper or almost metallic orange look and i was wondering what suit color or dress apparel would work with it

DamianM

Vendor
Consider it just a brown hat
Here is an example from apperal arts
Hes wearing the hat described with a gray db jacket and white slacks and spectators.
Father+and+son.jpg

You could go for a blue suit or a grey suit. and If you can sport it, an off white suit would do a swell

seems a simple rule to follow is that the hat and shoes have to match on most occasions.

Another thing I notice is that the lighter color the hat the darker the other fabrics and vice versa

Last edited:

Dick Ireland

Familiar Face
I have one not unlike yours.

I think it goes well with my brown suits of all shades, and generally all my country-style odd jackets.

I wouldn't wear it with charcoal or navy suits, but it might look nice with some light gray or mid/light-blue suits for occasions that straddle informal/casual.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24