Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Summer Storage Recommendations?

Khun

New in Town
Summer in the northern hemi, what are leather coat storage rec's? Most I see suggest a thick padded hanger covered by breathable fabric.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Yep, or folder roughly and placed on top of each other on cupboard shelves, or folded and put into plastic containers without a lid.

IXL

One Too Many
I purchase large, quite wide wooden hangers designed to support the heavy weight of leather jackets, find some more room in any of my wife's clothes closets.....and run like hell.......

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
A decent hanger with some heavy foam pipe lagging to keep the shoulder shape.
The Eastman Idea looks great if you have the space but is a penny off £70:eeek: for what is basically a few cardboard boxes.

Safe for all types including sheepskins. I leave mine on these covered hangers all year on/off as I wear them.

P5010034-1.jpg

P5010032-1.jpg

devilish

A-List Customer
Yeah, wide hangers. Either purpose built or modified as above, in a nice dry and airy spot. I never store leather jackets (or much else) flat. Deep creases can form which can be hard to remove, especially with leather. Always thought that Eastman box was a completely useless gimmick.

For a summer storage, I stuff all my jackets I care for with a few thick winter sweaters or hoodies (all the way, even through the sleeves) and hang 'em zipped on a thick hanger. They don't crease anywhere much that way so I reckon that can't be bad.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
For a summer storage, I stuff all my jackets I care for with a few thick winter sweaters or hoodies (all the way, even through the sleeves) and hang 'em zipped on a thick hanger. They don't crease anywhere much that way so I reckon that can't be bad.
I did that also, but really only the sleeves, couldnt get them all back in the wardrobe otherwise:D

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
The Irvin went into a breathable storage zipper and is quietly gathering dust on top of the bedroom wardrobe. My LHB is currently hung up on a heavy mahogany hanger in said wardrobe, and is pulled out occasionally, given a quick once-over, and then replaced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy