Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sweat banned

dr greg

One Too Many
I have been wearing my Resistol the last coupla days, and even though it's the end of winter here, my head sweats like hell in it..put it aside and put an Akubra on...problem go away, are they only designed for Montana sheepherders to wear above 10,000 feet or something?

DMc

New in Town
Virtually all Akubra styles feature a roan sheepskin leather sweatband that provides natural comfort and breathability against bare skin. Perhaps your Resistol sweatband is a non-breathable synthetic version.

dr greg

One Too Many
sheepish

DMc said:
Virtually all Akubra styles feature a roan sheepskin leather sweatband that provides natural comfort and breathability against bare skin. Perhaps your Resistol sweatband is a non-breathable synthetic version.
You're right, might have to sell it and stick with dinkum Aussie products, (although that would mean getting rid of my Borso....mmm, maybe not)

Is the Resistol a heavier felt? It could well just be denser felt that holds more heat in. My experience with Akubras is limited but they feel stiff but the felt feel s like it is lighter weight than a heavy weight vintage felt to me. [huh] You might also see if the Resistol has a sweat barrier behind the sweatband. It is a piece of flexible plastic that prevents sweat from soaking through to the hat band. It also makes the hat a little less breathable in my experience. [huh] :rolleyes:

dr greg

One Too Many
felt it

Nope no plastic, it has to be the sweatband, as I said it's not hot here at all so there's no reason to be building up heat in the hat, and also, I was sitting in the shade of a tree all day and it still got the sweat runnin down my face...designed for the Arctic I'm sure.

dr greg said:
Nope no plastic, it has to be the sweatband, as I said it's not hot here at all so there's no reason to be building up heat in the hat, and also, I was sitting in the shade of a tree all day and it still got the sweat runnin down my face...designed for the Arctic I'm sure.

Styled for the arctic eh? ;) :p
Any pictures of this warmer? You have me curious as I don't have that problem with felt hats during the summer here. [huh]

dr greg

One Too Many
yeehah

A fine hat, but bloody sweaty and it ain't even humid here, it's as dry as a wooden god.
haaahat005.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael