Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Swedish military leather coat, dated 1941

alsendk

A-List Customer
98d440c64f_zpsde752aa7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I need some kind of advice about this swedish military black leathercoat, dated 1941.
It is an XL size coat, made from the swedish company ALBACKENS, situated in the town called MALUNG in mid Sweden.

The leather seem to be in a good shape, according to the following pics and text, but is it worth 120 british pound sterling = 140 Euro =184 US dollars ?

I know that purchasing vintage items is such an individual decision, but I really need some opinion about this coat. Do you like it? or is it too much money asked for this coat? I am so much in doubt myself.

Allan

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
I had one of those once. I bought it from an advertisement in Exchange and Mart sometime in the seventies. It cost less than £10 I remember. Thick blanket lining and it weighed a ton. Warm and windproof though. Some dickhead of a leather shop man cut too much off the sleeves when I took it in to have them shortened and I had to get rid of it.

wild_balls

Practically Family
The coat is made in a district of Sweden that are famous for their leather garments. Most of them made of goat, not horse as some claim on Ebay. The label often says made of " äkta getskinn " means genuine goathide in swedish.
The garments from that era and district are of high quality. Most of the Swedish army stuff are of high quality.

P.S I'm from Sweden

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
The coat is made in a district of Sweden that are famous for their leather garments. Most of them made of goat, not horse as some claim on Ebay. The label often says made of " äkta getskinn " means genuine goathide in swedish.
The garments from that era and district are of high quality. Most of the Swedish army stuff are of high quality.

P.S I'm from Sweden

Really? I always thought mine was probably horse hide or steer from the look and feel of it. It certainly didn't seem like goat. Far too thick and heavy.

wild_balls

Practically Family
I said most of them, I have corrected a few Ebay sellers that claims it is horsehide even when the label reads "äkta getskinn " means genuine goathide in swedish. They are still quite nice coats!

Cheers Joakim

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
Can I just say that old Swedish army gear of any type is in my experience of very good quality. I have a deadstock leather belt that will very likely see me out and I'm only 34. When I saw one come up on ebay I bought it for a friend just because I knew he'd appreciate it too. Same goes for the fatigues, they are fantastic quality and very good styling too.

alsendk

A-List Customer
I said most of them, I have corrected a few Ebay sellers that claims it is horsehide even when the label reads "äkta getskinn " means genuine goathide in swedish. They are still quite nice coats!

Cheers Joakim

Hejsan Joakim
trevligt att träffa en svensk här !

I am in doubt about this coat being made from goat hide, mostly becourse the larger pieces of hide being used. Normally goat hide comes in smaller pieces, due to the animals smaller actual size, compared to horse hide. Also the owner believes it to be horsehide, becourse of the grain and thickness of the hide. There is no label telling what kind of hide it has been made from. What do you think from looking at the pic ?
Dinerman`s coat looks fantastic.

Allan

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR