Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Take it off!!! (Let's hear what you think, ladies.)

PastimeSteve

One of the Regulars
Comparison

Since I'm guilty of resurrecting this thread, I thought I should post some comparison shots.

Without (and, no, I have no idea why I do that thing with my shoulder cocked to one side -- :mad:):

June10pictures002.jpg

With (I took this one the other day to show what sand dust does to a fedora!):

June9pictures003.jpg

Steve

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Spitfire said:
How do all you ladies in the lounge feel about beards and moustaches in general?

And how do you feel about you male fellowloungers moustaches and beards?
Should they stay? Get trimmed? Or should they be off?

Post you beards and moustaches men! And be judged by the most stylish jury. Or female loungemembers.

First man on scaffold doesn't really have a beard or moustache - and then again, some say I do.
Normally I let it grow for a month and then I shave the whole thing off again. Only to start again. I shave with a razor every other day, to get a sharp line.
L1000407.jpg

Some times I dream about showing off with a really nice Royal Air Force moustache - but my wife hates it :eek:

Come on ladies! And show your moustaches gents!:)

I HATE moustaches. Beards are ok if they are closely cropped.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
MrPumpernickel said:
Though this is my usual length and style:

20070406ichbinbehaart.jpg

:eek:fftopic: Hey, where did you get the US Air Force fatigue shirt? Can't see the full rank insignia, but it looks like Airman (one-striper). Can't make out the squadron insignia, either. And, since the squadron insignia is above the right pocket, there would (normally) be a major command insignia on the right pocket and a wing insignia on the left pocket. Is the MAJCOM insignia US Air Forces in Europe (USAFE)?

I sure missed the fatigues when we went to the BDU.

Cheers,
Tom

Jovan

Suspended
I'm experimenting with longer sideburns again, possibly because it might make my face look less wide...? Thinking about doing the Trekkie 'burns again at this length.

greaser1.jpg

Gosh, that picture makes my honker look even bigger.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jovan said:
I'm experimenting with longer sideburns again, possibly because it might make my face look less wide...? Thinking about doing the Trekkie 'burns again at this length.

greaser1.jpg

Gosh, that picture makes my honker look even bigger.

Honker? [huh] I don't see it.

Is it behind your huge nose? lol

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jovan said:
... I'm going to kill you guys in your sleep.

Figurative speaking. ;)

If we can find someone with outsized facial features to match your nose and my forehead we could Photoshop a giant montage head. :D

MrPumpernickel

One of the Regulars
Tango Yankee said:
:eek:fftopic: Hey, where did you get the US Air Force fatigue shirt? Can't see the full rank insignia, but it looks like Airman (one-striper). Can't make out the squadron insignia, either. And, since the squadron insignia is above the right pocket, there would (normally) be a major command insignia on the right pocket and a wing insignia on the left pocket. Is the MAJCOM insignia US Air Forces in Europe (USAFE)?

I sure missed the fatigues when we went to the BDU.

Cheers,
Tom

I actually picked it up at a second-hand store in Stockholm, Sweden, a few months ago (for only about $15). It's indeed a Airman's shirt, it belonged to someone named Obrien who were with the 475th Air Base Wing. As far as I was able to figure out they were stationed at the Yokota air base in Japan.

"Is the MAJCOM insignia US Air Forces in Europe (USAFE)?" By MAJCOM you mean the one on the actual right pocket, right? Since the 475th were in Japan it's the Pacific Air Forces and not European. I snapped a few pics of the rest of the patches if you want to take a look: http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t12/MrPumpernickel/fatigueshirt.jpg

I haven't really found out what the other two insignias on the lefthand side of the shirt stands for So, by all means if you can explain further I'd be happy to listen, I love vintage military clothing so finding out a bit more about their history is really interesting. I'm not really upto what all insignias and so forth means I'm afraid.

ilcatex

New in Town
Goats

I have always worn facial hair. Every once in a while, when I shave it, my wife insists I grow it back!

Here I am with my normal goat...
photo_16.jpg

and here I am with my cone-head look :p
photo_17.jpg

(I love Macs!)

be_lovely

One of the Regulars
Well groomed

Zig2k143 said:
I think weak chin or not... If you like the look go for it... If the person you're with doesn't like it that is there issue. They should love you for who you are... Not who they want you to be. :)

I was never much for facial hair because when they kiss you, it can hurt or leave rugburn, but this handsome devil looks mighty fine with his well groomed "to do", i just love it, and i have seen a picture without it, just doesnt look like him!!!! And, it doesnt bother me when we kiss!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy