Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talk Like a Pirate!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Now that the fall season is upon us, and various holidays such as Rosh Hashanah and Halloween are marking the change in the weather, it is important that we remember one of the most important and most meaningful days on the fall calendar.
That's right, I'm talking about International Talk Like a Pirate Day! It's Sunday, September 23rd. Make a note of it!
GAK! My bad! It's actually TODAY!!!

Last edited:

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Oy! Shiver me timbers! Well, at least I didn't miss it altogether.
(I have been told on various occasions that when my ship comes in, I'll be at the airport, and that if it were raining soup, I'd be out there with a fork. :eusa_doh: [huh] :p :) )

Last edited:

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
I'm sorry, but have you forgotten Saint Elvis Day falls on September 12th? I submit this is a more important holiday than Talk Like A Pirate Day.

Yes there really was a Saint Elvis, from Wales, near the Preseli Hills.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
If you're gonna start using a Pittsburgh accent, you're opening a whole can of worms there. Weirdest accent in the English language. But, yeah, exciting, but ultimately disappointing season for the Buccos. Hey, they're better than they've been in a LONG time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran