Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Lynchburg

rgraham

A-List Customer
AARP said:
Just got mine today. Couldn't be happier! I was looking for a good bike jacket when JohnnyJohnny found this beast on ebay for $50! Has anyone else gotten theirs yet?

No, not yet. It has been shipped however.

worthlesswithoutpics

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
juDGE DREDD

did get my lynchburg cop jacket from taylorleatherwear on ebay...remarkable

looks kind of daffy in their pictures, but in person it's really an amazing jacket...very light cowhide, the 3m thinsulate is permanent, but light so this jacket is definitely no warmer than a normal jacket, and so much lighter than a schott motorcycle jacket, even with the permanent 3m lining...does run a bit short, guessing at about 25.5" in reg for the seated motor cops it was made for, so i got the 'long', measuring out at a perfect 27.5" in the back collar seam to end

i'd say it's a tad warmer than a regular a-2/g-1, which have no warmth lining, but cooler than your normal medium to thick leather motorcycle jacket...i belabor this only because one might wonder about getting the permanent 3m lining vs. the newer models that replace these overstock jackets, new ones have a zipout 3m thinsulate lining

as for cut and looks, be careful, people might start calling you Officer...the 3m lining adds a bit of puffy fullness while keeping the weight less than a thicker leather to get that same body...the clean cut and construction of the 'lynchburg' has a definite luftwaffe look, only difference being it has epaulets (which are very thin and do not cornball up the look), and it does have the badge holes, which in fact look very cool

snap down collar is great, and the collar, subjectively, looks better than any collared motorcycle jacket i've found, and i've tried on lewis and aero...but that could be because i like my collars standing up and not too flappy, so take note...the collar, out of the box does have some waves, like those on schott jackets, that will flatten out over time and use

not that i was trying, but i look like the sly stallone character from the flick Judge Dredd in this thing...the XL is perhaps a tad big on my 46" chest, but certainly looks good, gives me a bit more "muscle" that, as a runner, i'd never achieve without doing 'juice'...

if i had spent $300 on it, i'd have thought i'd gotten a true deal...at $50 it's laughable...a very nice laugh, and will certainly keep me thinking of taylor in the future, even when they aren't unloading new old stock on ebay

just be careful if you ever see me in this jacket...i may have to ask for your driver's license and registration, and cite you...

dredd.jpg

judge dredd

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
SO good my VANSON COMET's 4SALE (see fedLounge classifieds)

i must reiterate, i love this jacket so much, that i know i'll no longer wear my incredible 'next to no use on it' Vanson Comet (please see fedoraLounge classifieds section)
i don't know if i'm surprised or not about your jacket not arriving...Taylor is great, however fedex blew it in delivery and it took a day on the phone to track my jacket down...if you have any shipping specifics that are different than normal, please private message me and i may be able to help you with the fedex system

but other than that, i'd say just expect to really love the jacket...i did love it so much that i am also purchasing a current jacket from their website (and, alas, letting go some other jackets such as the vanson, and soon a schott)

p.s. just noticed the 'subtLe' 'this thread is worthless without pics' graphic...whilst busy, i will endeavour to take at least something to show people how much better this jacket looks than the canned pix on the website...not sure when i can get those done tho...

rgraham

A-List Customer
Got mine yesterday. Liked it so much, I went back and bought one of their Gestapo looking ones. At $45.00, what's not to like?

I too will try and get some pics uploaded.

This morning, I gave the jacket a ride in the clothes dryer for about 45 minutes. Took a lot of the stiffness right out, with no seeming ill effects.

I was going to cut off the badge tab and take off the fancy buttons on the epaulettes. But the wife said why? So they will stay.

AARP

Familiar Face
A round of applause to JohnnyJohnny for finding these wonderful jackets at such an unbelievable price. :eusa_clap I can't wait for the winter in so cal so I can get this thing broken in.

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
thank you AARP!

i love applause...however, must share with 'bighairyfinn' (i think that's the sp) on the lounge here, as he alerted me to the taylor sale...so here's to the finn as well.

i guess i can't wait until winter...the jacket is not that warm, in fact it might be one of the coolest biker jackets around (meaning temperature as well as hiP-wise)...the 3mthinsulate is not at all hot...howEVER...i cannot wait until winter, so ordered a full price nashville from the taylor website, which i can wear summer nights as the lining is removable

also rgraham, glad your wife suggested leaving the epaulets and badge holder...i think they are very cool, especially since this is an authentic motor cop jacket :D

BigHairyFinn

One of the Regulars
I got a message a few days back from my "friendly fuzz agent" in L.A. that my G-1 came and got repacked & resent so about 10-14 days still for me... if it gets snagged in the Customs then thats a few day on top and a tedious drive to the airport and getting asswhoopin.

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
no kidding

so when you say Finn, you mean FiNN...as in FiNLANDiA!

these jackets are great...everyone's been thanking me for mentioning the sale they were having, but yOu were the one who dropped the dime to me about this...we all thank you...and i'm sure Taylor does as well since some of us are going on to buy full price jackets off their website

best to FinLand!

BigHairyFinn

One of the Regulars
Good for you guys - I wasn't too sure about spilling the beans; rules re. ebay one thing but I 'm not "believing until I see"... which I ain't seen nuttin' yet ;) But it seems I've got me coming a mosquito panzer allright.

Guess I can now start flogging off the Cooper G-1 thats a 58L (thats-- *big*)

Ed13

Familiar Face
I received my Lynchburg over a week ago. Very pleased. It was so inexpensive I didn't have very high expectations. Turned out to be a great jacket.

I told some people at work about the deals and one lady ordered a pursuit model for her husband. The leather was a little different but it did have a zip out liner. She was very pleased with it.

Thanks for the heads up.

univibe88

One Too Many
The timing on this thread couldn't have been better. I was negotiating the purchase of a used motorcycle when I found the thread over the weekend. Now I have a jacket set to arrive tomorrow and I'm picked up the bike on Saturday :D

Bassman

A-List Customer
Following the different drummer's beat I got the New England jacket.
Definately a police duty jacket. Soft cowhide & a good fit for me (not sure about the look though), but I'm happy. A steal at this price!
Thanks for the heads-up johnnyjohnny!

DJS Press

One of the Regulars
Got one also

Mine arrived today, but I'm 700 miles away in Chicago and won't see it until I get home Friday. Anxious to see it. Probably at least a few months before much wear, however.

10 bucks shipping via Fedex. That's another steal.

Ace Rimmer

One of the Regulars
Newbie chiming in to say thanks to Johnny and the Finn.

I got a Lynchburg thanks to this forum; it came in the mail last week and while it's been too warm to wear in my area I'm looking forward to using it when winter rolls around again. I have an armored Vanson Comet as well but I don't think I'll be selling it as I like both jackets.

univibe, if I may provide a word of advice as a holder of a class M license for 15+ years, please reconsider using the Lynchburg as a motorcycle jacket. The leather is too lightweight and will not likely provide enough abrasion protection if you go down. Further, there is no armor capability so the jacket will not protect you against impacts. Please consider an armored jacket with heavier leather. I hope you stay safe!

univibe88

One Too Many
Ace Rimmer said:
Please consider an armored jacket with heavier leather. I hope you stay safe!

I truly appreciate the advice. I am a bit disappointed to hear this. I was hoping that as a supplier of police jackets that this would be more adequate for riding. However I was just thinking of using it as a stop gap until I get the funds for a Vanson. Lucky for me the Vanson showroom is in my home state.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy