Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Teddy Roosevelt Rough Rider Hat

RJR

Check the campaign hat threads.I'm guessing it was an issue hat that he adjusted to suit himself.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Looks like a cross between a campaign hat & a slouch hat.
I doubt you'll find an exact copy anywhere. In the movie 'Night At The Museum' the costume dept. didn't do a good job on Robbin's hat in my opinion, they just pinned up the side of a cowboy hat...........Teddy's lids had much more character & individuality.
As RJR suggested check out this thread, you're bound to find something similar...http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?16998-Now-Forming!-the-Campaign-Hat-Corps

Last edited:

fedoracentric

Banned
Teddy's hat looks like an issue hat that he pinned on one side. But it really is a crumpled mess showing that he obvious folded it numerous times and stuff in pockets, bags, and crumpled in his hand. The felt looks pretty thin, not at all like modern felt and certainly not like a modern cowboy hat.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks like a well worn slouch hat. Akubra has a great one I think is open crown so you can try to reproduce Ted's hat.

Lotsahats

One Too Many
How can two men be so uninteresting in the presence of such interesting artifacts? Yikes, guys--let's have some pizzazz. Or at least a pulse. ;)

A

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925