Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Terrorism

Europe and the like is a bad thing? I just used it to say that I have been there and done that. Ok places to visit but I didn't feel like living there. :p This includes where my family comes from in all of this. I am sure glad as heck that they took to ships and sailed away. I suppose it also had something to do with the fact that they didn't like forced conscription, arranged marriages or a very minimal chance for advancement.
All of this connects to terrorism because they did not seek out the USA to blow it up because they did not have opportunity where they were. They came here and were damned glad that they were accepted. They made a life for themselves with the opportunity given and loved it. In fact, the last time my grandfather went back, he told us that if he were not a proud man he would have kissed the ground when he got off the plane. :p
This is a far cry from what we get today. They want to blow up all that they see because women vote and hold positions of power. Our civilization is not stuck in the fourteenth century. Gee, thanks for the zero but you can stay home if all you want to do is harm the US or Europe. They need to come to the world of nations and the twenty-first century and benefit their people with economic development and opportunity not make hate a reason for living and dying. It just doesn't make sense.

Regards to all,

J

P.S. My mother has a Queensland Heeler as well. A more tough, smart and resilient dog I do not know.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
No problem JP, it was just your -"I've seen Europe and the like..."... if you'd mentioned that you'd actually been there and seen it would have read a lot differently.
Sounded like you'd seen 'Europe and the like...' on the TV maybe and dismissed it so easily... But it still sounds, to me at least, that 'Europe and the like' is belittling if only in wording rather than intention.

I don't see what's so bad about Europe in comparison to America...(?)
Americans and Europeans seem to have mutual admiration for each others' countries...

I saw a program on TV last night about that Dutch film maker who was murdered by the Moslem fanatic guy. Remember..? The story is a bit more complicated than just the headline. The social outcome was- that if you're Moslem and you come to Holland(The Netherlands)- then find out what Holland is all about- nothing is sacred in Holland, they take the absolute piss out of all races and all religions- so... if you know that and don't like it, then please DON'T come to our country! So a Moslem guy who has such strong feelings shouldn't have been there at all if he knew what was good for him.

There are certain social situations that can contribute to such scenarios though- when minorities (especially Moslem) become 'ghettoised' and live in concentrated areas and don't or won't integrate and fraternise and don't or won't learn the language, then they become marginalised, mainly through being ignored and become a dangerous unknown. People like this- who are 'living in Morrocco/Somalia in Holland' rather than in Holland proper are living within their own ethnic culture and have no voice 'in Holland'- UNTIL...

So- Governments need to encourage integration(and hopefully this brings about some mutual understanding), Denmark does and it is law that an immigrant should learn the language-

To allow culturally 'alien' people into your borders and then ignore them is damaging to both parties and completely irresponsible.

So I think there is a lot of responsibility for such occurences that should be 'owned' by Governments- although there is absolutely no excuse for such behaviours- murder, terrorism... National local laws must be observed and upheld. That guy deserves the worst they can give him and more.

But- the film was written and conceived by a Woman, Somali member of Parliament who condemns Islam very openly- the guy who made the film ('Submission') was a very easy target and very verbal and unfortunately he was murdered. The Woman MP has been under security protection for some time before this murder and is currently planning her sequal movie...

Stay safe!

B
T

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
What about France then, BT? Can I belittle the French? I really don't like them at all. The Danes, or the Netherlandish, or Flems or whatever, I'll admit, I have but limited knowledge. So I apoligize...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn