Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thanks for the memories...

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Root, I'll join you ... though not for all the same reasons.

I've been around here long enough. Almost left once, but didn't: I still had more to learn and share. But now is the time. Seriously. Not because of any conflicts here ... any and all hatchets have long since been buried, and the friendships are wonderful. It's just because I've said more than enough, for more than enough time. All things must end, so that others can begin. It's time.

Thanks for the memories, the lessons, the advice, the help, the support, and the incredible good will! I'll still see some of you in person around Los Angeles, and in February at the Arizona archaeology camping trip, and at the next west coast FL gathering.

Thanks for everything!

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
Root, I'll join you ... though not for all the same reasons.

I've been around here long enough. Almost left once, but didn't: I still had more to learn and share. But now is the time. Seriously. Not because of any conflicts here ... any and all hatchets have long since been buried, and the friendships are wonderful. It's just because I've said more than enough, for more than enough time. All things must end, so that others can begin. It's time.

Thanks for the memories, the lessons, the advice, the help, the support, and the incredible good will! I'll still see some of you in person around Los Angeles, and in February at the Arizona archaeology camping trip, and at the next west coast FL gathering.

Thanks for everything!

You'll be back.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Marc, you've got to go to future events! I was really hoping to chat with you some at the QM, but didn't have the chance!
I love reading your posts, and you will for sure be sorely missed!

Steve

Practically Family
[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]There's going to be a big Chevalier-shaped hole around here for a long time, Marc.[/QUOTE]I echo that.

Rob and Marc, I'm sincerely sorry to see you go. You will be missed.

clevispin

One of the Regulars
Make Room Fellas

Two of the Lions of the Lounge - Wow!

Thanks MK - I truly enjoyed it all.

m

Michaelson

One Too Many
Humm. Not sure I understand this departure, WR, as I've been here as long if not longer. I was the original moderator of the Golden Era section, for the benefit of the new folks, when MK first opened this site.

I pulled my participation WAY back after a few past conflicts, but never severed my membership, as I do still like to stop in for a drink or two. You can still walk away for a while (as you say, there are a TON of other things to see and do. I spend most my time at COW, or pocket watch forums, or my daughter's edged weapons website, railroad websites, MOPAR websites...LOTS to keep your interest besides just coming here), so unless it's something REALLY personal, I'd just do what I did, and make yourself scarce for a while....then pop in when the mood moves you.

Just a thought. Best of luck to you, but I think you need to think long and hard about this one...

Regards! Michaelson

Caledonia

Practically Family
Root and Marc, best wishes. The time is always right for a decision. I'm also winding down. Same as Marc, I'll be eavesdropping for a while, but the eaves drop further and further away from each other. Have had a great time, and I know where the best Lounge on the planet is when I'm through this wonderful town again. Thanks all for being just great! And if you see a seamed stocking and a hat low over the eye walking past you, stop and say hi! We'll meet again....

moustache

Practically Family
:(
Sad to see both of you go.Just when i have started to really get into it.
Both of you look after yourselves and stop by whenever.
One doesn't have to quit altogether.
Just take a break now and then.

JD

Avalon

A-List Customer
Be safe and well, guys. Sorry I didn't get a chance to know you better.
hug.gif

Weston

A-List Customer
Wow, Fedora, Root, Marc...

Yikes, if I didn't know better I would say there were a gang travelling the land knocking off FL members! You'll both be missed. Losing this many experienced people, I wonder if the lounge will remain the same flavor it's always been....:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24