Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thanks for the memories...

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't have the words . . . It won't be the same without you guys. You'll always be counted as cherished friends, though we never met in person. Please don't be strangers.

Nick Charles

Practically Family
I know its been cold in AZ but I didn;t know hell had frozen over. It really is sad when staples of a community pass, like an old and dear friend gone for good. Hope to see you back sometime Root.

You are one of my vintage Heros. Thanks for all the advise and knowledge.:cry: :cry:

RedPop4

One Too Many
I've been through these things on other boards, and it is indeed sad. I've been on both sides of it too, as a moderator on another site, where many of our treasured founders have dialed back their participation or left out right. It's always sad.

Peoples' lives and other priorities change, but the organization without them continues, but it's poorer for it. New people arrive and contribute, sometimes enriching the place, but they can never take the place of those who built the place. Of course trolls from the old days will always be trolls, but I don't see any of that here.

I'm watching this as a member, and I see names I respect hitting the exits, and I don't like it one bit.

Take care gentlemen, especially you, Marc. Whilst I didn't know Fedora, or WR all that well, I did see many similarities in your perspective to mine and enjoyed what little interaction we had.

moustache

Practically Family
Any way to stop the bleeding ???

But i guess when you no longer enjoy something...

I will certainly miss the fellas leaving.

JD

Serial Hero

A-List Customer
Will there still be a lounge when I get back from vacation in a week, or just a big empty hole in the net where people used to gather to discuss the golden era?

Jay

Practically Family
MK said:
We are about to hit 3800 members. We gained 12 new members today. We are growing, not shrinking.

Yes, but where would we be without all the knowledgeable core members to answer all our questions?

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Makes you realize how much more there is to life than the internet and Myspace, huh?

Knowledge is nice here but it should never become a life long thing. Learn and share what you know, and then go out and use it to your advantage. Do not build up the knowledge without using it!

There will be many many more folks who will come with as much if not more knowledge. Knowledge is power, you know.

:cheers1:
Cheers to both of you gentlemen, I am sure I will be seeing you whenever there be a gathering around Los Angeles. :)

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't think he was ascribing all the knowledge to just the two but rather the "core group" as a whole.

I believe the assumption is that boards that start with a strong core group tend to attract other knowledgeable people but, also, proportionately more less knowledgeable types. If there isn't a one for one replacement of the "pros" the overall corporate knowledge can shrink even as the overall size of the board grows.

Picture a small professional long-service army being broken up to form the cadres of a new mass draftee army. Sure the overall size is larger but the corporate knowledge is smaller, leaving you with a lower quality as a whole.

I don't necessarily think that happens to internet forums but I think that's the theory/concern at hand.

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Wildroot/Living Historian

I joined the FL just over a year ago based upon your postings & since then have rated you as the #1 male period impression of the 1930's/1940's period here @ the FL hands down. :eusa_clap

Nothing stays the same & its good when a person knows its time for changes. I hope you keep your collection together to use again when & if the times feel right for you. May a lamp light whichever path you choose in life!

SC :)

Jay

Practically Family
carebear said:
I don't think he was ascribing all the knowledge to just the two but rather the "core group" as a whole.

Exactly. Sorry 'bout that. I should've been more specific.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24