Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Agents of F.L.A.S.K.

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Monster of the week.
Any readers from Chicago out there?
I ask because for several years —and as recently as Dec 2022— Chicago has been the scene of Mothman sightings.
Although most famously associated with Point Pleasant, West Virginia, Mothman has also been seen elsewhere. Chicago has been enduring a long outbreak of off-and-on sightings, 2011 through the present. Why would this famous man/bat/bird creature be hanging around a big city? As urban legends go, it’s a peculiar one.
I’d love to hear more about this one.

https://q985online.com/mothman-sighting-illinois-airport/

https://www.npr.org/local/309/2019/10/28/773566283/the-case-of-the-chicago-mothman

Yet another sighting in Illinois, just days ago. Very strange. Mothman lives.

https://www.theintelligencer.com/op...creature-reported-downtown-alton-18167740.php

Tiki Tom

This thread has never tackled this subject before. But as many of you may know, there are persistent legends around that a race of GIANTS once walked the earth. Furthermore there are many tales of very large skeletons having been found worldwide; usually seven to ten feet tall. But that is usually where the story falls apart. Where are all these giant ancient skeletons? Usually the yarn ends with some government/scientific conspiracy to hide the truth. Bah!

But I have to admit that all those legends came back to me when I read the following actual news story out of England…

https://news.yahoo.com/mysterious-giant-300-000-old-140304686.html

Tiki Tom

This can’t be right, can it?
There is a claim that, in a large patch of the Indian Ocean, the sea level is 300 feet lower than the sea level elsewhere. 300 feet!
Am I miss reading this?

https://www.businessinsider.com/sci...-huge-gravity-hole-in-the-indian-ocean-2023-6

Hmmm. Maybe they based that number on the second chart in this Science Alert article:

[/URL]

And —it is hard to concede this— but maybe it’s true. Still seems rather fantastical. But I’m always open to learning new things.

[/URL]

okay, as a non-scientist, what am I misunderstanding? A 300 foot variation of sea level in the open sea?! As a ship captain entering this area, could you just turn off your engines and let gravity pull you forward?

Last edited:

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
This can’t be right, can it?
There is a claim that, in a large patch of the Indian Ocean, the sea level is 300 feet lower than the sea level elsewhere. 300 feet!
Am I miss reading this?

https://www.businessinsider.com/sci...-huge-gravity-hole-in-the-indian-ocean-2023-6

Hmmm. Maybe they based that number on the second chart in this Science Alert article:

[/URL][/URL][/URL]

And —it is hard to concede this— but maybe it’s true. Still seems rather fantastical. But I’m always open to learning new things.

[/URL]

okay, as a non-scientist, what am I misunderstanding? A 300 foot variation of sea level in the open sea?! As a ship captain entering this area, could you just turn off your engines and let gravity pull you forward?

Earth axial tilt is 23.5* with equitorial latitudinal width fastest planetary spin speed. Demarcate off equitorial
spin at widest circumference and within lower southern area latitudinal mileage by twenty four hours gives speed,
distance upon high sea must account latitudinal curvature. This is where coordinate surface must calculate the greatest sea depth for this Indian Ocean area. When a cadet I failed a mortar exercise with an erroneous azimuth
and quadrant derived so for chastise assigned a naval gunnery paper. By advent twentieth century battleship
gunnery had to account earth's curvature for accurate calculation.

Tiki Tom

Has Jack the Ripper been conclusively identified?
I’m not so sure. Although the evidence makes for a pretty good match (especially considering that the murders stopped when Hyam Hyams was thrown into a mental hospital), I’m not sure the case would stand up in a court of law. Sounds too circumstantial, without enough specific, direct evidence.
I do find it interesting how the writer got involved in this cold case: her great-great-grandfather was one of the policemen working the case.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/worl...-newly-discovered-medical-records/ar-AA1dUmsa

Benny Holiday

What I really want is someone to do an in-depth study of what happens to socks. You buy a pair of socks, within a month one of them has vanished as if into thin air. Where do they go? Is there some sort of Bermuda Triangle especially for socks? Do they disappear into another dimension somewhere between the laundry basket and the washing line? One day, you open your sock draw, and it's just full of odd socks, accumulated while you've waited ever so patiently for their missing companions to magically reappear. And you can look, you can search your house from top to bottom, you can leave no piece of furniture or carpet unturned, and you will never find them. Never. Not so much as a ransom note or a Dear John letter left to attest that they ever existed in the first place, except for their lonely partners taking up room in the drawer.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
And you can look, you can search your house from top to bottom, you can leave no piece of furniture or carpet unturned, and you will never find them. Never. Not so much as a ransom note or a Dear John letter left to attest that they ever existed in the first place, except for their lonely partners taking up room in the drawer.
I too find this sock situ very mysterious. Either they drown in the wash or disappear in the damp dry phase before everything gets pinned. It's cut and damp dry.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
What I really want is someone to do an in-depth study of what happens to socks. You buy a pair of socks, within a month one of them has vanished as if into thin air. Where do they go? Is there some sort of Bermuda Triangle especially for socks? Do they disappear into another dimension somewhere between the laundry basket and the washing line? One day, you open your sock draw, and it's just full of odd socks, accumulated while you've waited ever so patiently for their missing companions to magically reappear. And you can look, you can search your house from top to bottom, you can leave no piece of furniture or carpet unturned, and you will never find them. Never. Not so much as a ransom note or a Dear John letter left to attest that they ever existed in the first place, except for their lonely partners taking up room in the drawer.
The missing sock theory states that socks disappear because of a mystical creature known as the sock gnome. The sock gnome is a mischievous little creature that likes to play tricks on people. Every time you lose a sock, the sock gnome takes it and adds it to his collection.

Tiki Tom

Have you been following the congress ufo hearings....

Yes, thanks for tipping the readers of this thread off to that fascinating subject. You and I and others have been looking in-depth into that subject in the “Oumuamua” thread for some time.

In short, last year Congress passed a whistleblower protection act to cover people with insider knowledge of secret government UFO programs. In due course, a highly placed and highly cleared whistleblower named David Grusch came forward. Yesterday’s historic Congressional Hearing featured Mr Grusch repeating his claims under oath. Even more amazing is that many Congressional Representatives from both parties seem to take his word at face value AND many of these reps believe that the Department of Defense has been withholding secrets from Congress and the American people. Congress has vowed to dig deeper.

Read more about David Grusch’s amazing claims here:

https://www.npr.org/2023/07/27/1190390376/ufo-hearing-non-human-biologics-uaps

Its a truly incredible tale. Interestingly, the mainstream media is only starting to report on the story now that a hearing has been held.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
I caught some. Gorusch was willing to answer any and all but in closed session only which wetted my brain cells
for more with a tad mystify because presumably this was supposedly a bean spill public included.

Then again the recent Las Vegas incident is still fresh and all the more interesting with alien encounter.

Tiki Tom

We have, of course, visited the Vatican Secret Archives before. Most notably, when the archives coughed up a document that exonerated the Knights Templar.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...reprieve-after-700-years-idUSL093422320071012

This time, however, it’s a little bit different. Researchers are apparently applying pressure on the Vatican to release secret documents that confirm (or refute) claims that the Vatican tipped off the OSS that Mussolini was in possession of a crashed ufo during WWII.

https://www.newsweek.com/vatican-pressure-archives-ufo-cover-david-grusch-1816908

Where is Dan Brown when you need him?

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
All interesting however still rumour mill grist. No light is likely to be shed and Mr Grusch, with the two other gentlemen,
are probably going to slip away back to obscurity. This Second World War UFO crash seems highly implausible.
Duce and mistress were hung naked as a jay bird out to dry and the Vatican had its hands full with displaced
Catholics and refugees. Then too are the grassy knollers who sensationalize the mundane for whatever reason.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Then too are the grassy knollers who sensationalize the mundane for whatever reason.
Are the grassy knollers the rumour millers under another title? The same rumour millers that have the world's gossip columns reporters frothing at the mouth over a potential royal relationship break up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo