The Antipodean thread

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by tuppence, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Smithy

Smithy I'll Lock Up

I'd completely forgotten about this thread! Well done for putting life back into it.

As Wes has mentioned we now live in northern Norway since leaving Melbourne in late 2014.

And Tuppence, it depends on the day here in summer, if you're lucky it can even reach 30, rare but not unknown, but then again like today it might be around 12!

2. Talbot

Talbot One Too Many

Still here! Renovating my farmhouse at present!

3. tuppence

tuppence Practically Family

Wow Smithy, 12 degrees for Summer temperature. That's what we had today in Melbourne, I didn't want to go outside.

4. tuppence

Is it an old house ?

5. Talbot

Talbot One Too Many

Not too old, its a returned servicemans farm allotment from '46. Not a straight line in it, it seems :-(
    Standing on 3/4 acre. All the other land is now my neighbours

6. tuppence

Talbott 'Not a straight line in it' I feel Your pain, My place is old government housing I know Your pain.

7. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

Sad beyond words: The amazing Janet Seidel has passed away.

If you ever wanted to be transported back to the Golden Era, a Janet Seidel performance was a wonderful way to do it. Janet was a lady with a lot of class and enormous talent, with a beautiful singing voice, an immense gift for playing jazz piano, and always a great rapport with her audience. I had the privilege of seeing her perform many times over the years, most recently at the Hayden Orpheum in Sydney in April.

What a colossal talent we have lost, a performer who brought beautiful music and so much enjoyment to so many people over the years. God bless you Janet, you will be sadly missed.

8. Godfrey

Godfrey One of the Regulars

Returning to the Lounge after a long absence. I thought I'd check out the old thread and post this for those interested. We have been going for the last few years in Kyneton and enjoying the event. I see its now heading up to NSW.

https://www.rundellandrundell.com.au/lost-trades-australia