Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The best films no one has ever seen.

Fedord Spaniard

One of the Regulars
A Few Unknowns part 2

The Machinist ( "El Maquinista" in spain), and American Psycho (2000)...Bale at his most insane. Colors (1988) Sean Penn as an LA cop battling street gangs. Dark Blue (2001) Kurt Russell as corrupt LA cop. Copland (1997) Sylvester Stallone against police corruption in the NYPD. Nighthawks(1981) Stallone after a terrorist. And my favorite Escape From New York (1981) Kurt Russell as Snake Plissken, an ex-Green Beret LT. turned bank robber..and gets sent to NYC which is now a maximum security prison. He has only 24hrs (well 22hr) to find the president and the black box or else Plissken is dead.... A few movies that not many people know about.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Those are all pretty popular, except for maybe The Machinist, which is only really interesting because Bale slimmed down to nothing for it and then packed on the muscle for Batman within a really short time .

Leading Edge

One of the Regulars
The first film that came to my mind, "Daughters of the Dust," has a unique point of view narration and a mesmerizing combination of screenplay and musical score.

"The Mighty" is very different in terms of tone and tempo. It gets me every time I watch it and, more notably, has the power to engage my most jaded as well as my hyperactive high school student's attention completely.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
Did anybody see "Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother" ?
I think thats a pretty obscure flick starring Gene Wilder and Marty Feldman. Madeline Kahn also starred. Very funny, too.

Fedord Spaniard

One of the Regulars
Lefty said:
Those are all pretty popular, except for maybe The Machinist, which is only really interesting because Bale slimmed down to nothing for it and then packed on the muscle for Batman within a really short time .

Youd be surprised how many people havent seen most of these movies. Heathers (1989) is another one.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Fedord Spaniard said:
Youd be surprised how many people havent seen most of these movies. Heathers (1989) is another one.

I don't think I've ever met someone who hasn't seen Heathers.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Miss Neecerie said:
giggles....you obviously need to -upgrade- your friends... ;)

Agreed. Heathers launched a love affair that continued well into the late 90s.
heathers.jpg

ryder_winona.jpg

Lexybeast

A-List Customer
CopperNY , +1 on Ravenous.

I'd throw in a couple. Dead Man is my favourite Jim Jarmusch film, though this is not a film for everybody.

Also, a 2004 Japanese film called Nobody Knows. It's about four children living together, abandoned by their partying mother. It'll make you really, really sad.

miss_elise

Practically Family
i loved heathers... but I had to get the video as I had a copy taped off tv which had all the really bad swearing edited out...

on the DVD there is the script for an alternative ending

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Fedord Spaniard said:
Well youre invited to be my friend. ;) lol

Well none of your other friends have seen the cool movies...so there wouldn't be much fun in it.....nothing to discuss...etc. and I really -hate- being the coolest one in the group.

I shall just let you continue to educate your peers.

Fedord Spaniard

One of the Regulars
miss_elise said:
i loved heathers... but I had to get the video as I had a copy taped off tv which had all the really bad swearing edited out...

on the DVD there is the script for an alternative ending

"Greetings and Salutations" :D. I know what you mean..i hate when they edit movies...although some movie on tv have additional footage not shown in theatres or dvds.

Fedord Spaniard

One of the Regulars
Miss Neecerie said:
Well none of your other friends have seen the cool movies...so there wouldn't be much fun in it.....nothing to discuss...etc. and I really -hate- being the coolest one in the group.

I shall just let you continue to educate your peers.

If it doesnt bother you, it dont bother me. lol You can talk about all the cool stuff with me instead. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112