Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The brand Wigéns

Edipbear

New in Town
Has the brand Wigéns fallen to the shadows?
I don't find many comments about the brand Wigéns:/

A couple of weeks ago, I have been working with hats and caps,
doing a market survey for my hostcompany: Wigéns (therefore my new-born interest for hats/caps).
The more I study about hats/caps, the more fascinated it becomes.

It's time for me to buy a good nice hat/cap that has class.
What brands do you prefer and which online-sites is good to buy from that has a international shipping? I live in Sweden.

Cheers n beers
//Edipbear

P.S
If you guys want to help me out with the market survey and rate the hats/caps Wigéns has, just click the link below. Kind of fun actually :)

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=M0OapLto1VrfJ63tJW3u5Q_3d_3d

Dewhurst

Practically Family
I don't think many people here (edit: the USA) purchase hats by Wigens. Please correct me if I am wrong.

However, I HAVE had one Wigens cap that just wore out last summer. I have not replaced it yet. But it was a very lightweight cotton mix, plaid cap (OH MY! type plaid), with a paper-thin mesh lining. It was gorgeous and incredibly fun to wear. Darn... now I miss it.

For caps, I very much prefer Wigens, Borsalino, City Sport and Jonathan Richard of Ireland. My favorite cap (ever!) is a Jonathan Richard of Ireland herringbone wool five-point flat cap that is completely irresistible. I MUST wear it.

As far as Int. Shipping is concerned, I'm not sure I can help you there. If shopping for a hat internationally is a must, it might cost a pretty penny. The only company I know that FOR SURE ships international is Hartford York. But their prices are usually... umm... kinda high. Even though I shop there frequently.

boushi_mania

One of the Regulars
I've been thinking about picking up a natural-color linen newsboy cap (the "Hugo") for the summer. However, finding an online seller that both sells them in proper hat sizes and ships internationally has been problematic.

There's also the matter of the brim, which is a bit more ballcap-ish than I'd like (I prefer the style of the "Gert" model, which only comes in wool), but I can live with it... if I can find a place that's not a hassle to get it from. [huh]

Edipbear

New in Town
Send some pics of you with Wigéns cap

Hehe, you could just send some pics of yourself with the cap ( especially if its a hugo) and add some comments of what you think about the quality, what can be improved, maybe the cap should be in more colours etc..

fame@oscarwigen.se

Subvet642

A-List Customer
Edipbear said:
How did you get to know about Wigéns? :)

I didn't know about Wigans until I bought one. It was at the Johnston and Murphy shop at the local mall and I just liked it. It's the grey one in the photo below:

HarrisTweed.jpg

Edipbear

New in Town
Grey n nice!

Is Wigens speciality in caps or hats?

What is Wigens actually known for?

For instance, when I enter the Borsalino's website, I can directly see that they are innovative, http://www.borsalino.com/, crazy good!!!

What your impression around wigens ? lol

analogist

One of the Regulars
Wigens

I own at least a dozen Wigens caps and all are teriffic. I have the elkhide
and cashmere baseball caps, cashmere and linen newsboys and many patterns and fabrics in the Ivy styles.

Go to the websites of Bencraft in Brooklyn and Delmonico in New Haven and you will get the very best selections.
www.bencraft.com
www.delmonico hatters.com.
Better still go visit these two venerable hat shops if you can.

analogist

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
The Wigens brand has revitalized the cap business for us by introducing a few new shapes that are now being copied by everyone else. The quality of the caps are great . The customers realy like them as they are sized by number instead of the traditional S to XL. The problem is that they are getting somewhat expensive in price and are starting to manufacture in China.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

Edipbear

New in Town
Oh my - Wigens it is!

The baseball cap, omg!
Never seen such an innovative cap before by them :)
How did you find out by Wigéns? Was through a friend or from the shop-keeper?

The thing about Wigéns, I guess, because of their quality, and that their products are mostly made by hand ( a loooong-process), they must take out a high price. It's a like an expensive BMW, you know you get one hell of a car, but it cost like hell :/

Is there any other country you rather would see that Wigéns had their production in? It feels like that finding a production-site that still can provide high-quality with good efficiency, is kind of hard :/

Edipbear

New in Town
Do it!

You should defiently buy a wigéns, it's a loooong process making those hats/caps, they have the caps on tree-heads, hammering, sewing and all the finishing by hands of long experience :)

Btw, did you do the survey ;)

Edipbear

New in Town
Estonia vs China

A stupid question, I know, but what are the major benefits and disadvantages in Estonia comparing to China, and vice versa, what does China have benefits and DISADVANTAGES comparing to Estonia? ;)

Would be really happy to hear from you guys, so I can go to the CEO ( no jokes actually, I work for him in this marketing-course I have), and tell him what the fans thinks about the new production-site.

//Edipbear

boushi_mania

One of the Regulars
besdor said:
The Wigens brand has revitalized the cap business for us by introducing a few new shapes that are now being copied by everyone else. The quality of the caps are great . The customers realy like them as they are sized by number instead of the traditional S to XL.
I'm confused by this point. They're made in actual hat sizes, yes, but the Bencraft website only lists them in typical S-M-L-XL fashion. Does this mean that if I get in touch with Bencraft directly, I can request one in my actual hat size?

Edipbear

New in Town
Retailer?

Hey Besdor, are you a reseller of Wigéns?
If so, could I interview you then for my marketing-project?

The subject is going to be about e-market, how it is different from the traditional selling. Is the e-market an attractive one, and if people in ages of 45-65 do order hats/caps through internet.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
The 45to 65 age group does order online but a large majority still prefer a printed catalog. This is a problem as soon as the catalog is preinted it becomes obsolete within a matter of weeks. We sell out of an item and it is still in the catalog for a long period of time. Slowly the masses are starting to switch to the internet.
Yes ,we do sell many Wigens caps in our stores and through the catalog/onlnine.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

Adnamira

A-List Customer
I've almost been going to buy one a few times. They look to be great quality, but I am not a big fan of polyester linings - they make my head sweat. I think their larger longer brims would suit me better than a lot of flat caps and newsboys - with felt hats I look better in a wider brim and trilbies just don't work for me at all. Recently, I almost ordered one, but I decided on the Hat People Cap instead. I am not sure the hp really suits me, but it is comfortable and having a cotton lining and being able to be hand washed swayed me. I will probably get a wigens one day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto