Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Thunderball

One of the Regulars
Got the Hepville this week. I had to stretch it a little for my big head. I've been comfortably wearing it all day.
IMG_2231.jpg

IMG_2232.jpg

IMG_2233.jpg

Simonds

Vendor
Here is my latest creation, it's a 8 panel newsboy made with reclaimed italian wool in green and brown houndstooth pattern. My first attempt installing a sweat band. Enjoy!
100_5256.jpg

100_5259.jpg

100_5260.jpg

100_5257.jpg

100_5269.jpg

100_5254.jpg

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
100_5254.jpg

Things to work on the puffyness of the seams on the cap. They need to be flat. This may be due to the inner lining a single piece of lining might give you a flatter cap. Is you bill made of plastic or buckram? or are you using just fabric.

Simonds

Vendor
100_5254.jpg

Things to work on the puffyness of the seams on the cap. They need to be flat. This may be due to the inner lining a single piece of lining might give you a flatter cap. Is you bill made of plastic or buckram? or are you using just fabric.

Hi Ed, I have made caps with the seams sewn down, I personally like this look much better,,it is new and stuffed with plastic bags to give it the puffy look. The seams do lay down with time. I am using thick rigid interfacing for my bills. Thanks!

Last edited:

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Simonds, nice job on your caps. I haven't tried an 8 panel newsboy yet. One of these days when I have more time on my hands I will. There are a few ideas and styles that I want to try and this is one of them.

Simonds

Vendor
Simonds, nice job on your caps. I haven't tried an 8 panel newsboy yet. One of these days when I have more time on my hands I will. There are a few ideas and styles that I want to try and this is one of them.

Thanks, means a lot coming from you! I really like your work, your designs are very nice, and the linings look so clean and professional!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff