Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Simonds-cap-2_zps0fa31f97.jpg

This arrived in the post today from Barry Simonds. The previous version was too small so he made me a replacement. It's a great fit - and a nice lightweight for when (and if) spring and summer finally arrive.

Simonds

Vendor
This arrived in the post today from Barry Simonds. The previous version was too small so he made me a replacement. It's a great fit - and a nice lightweight for when (and if) spring and summer finally arrive.

Looking sharp TT!

Last edited:

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I now have three caps, in three different styles, made by Fedora Lounge members:

One by Bela(Hepville) for the summer:
IMG_2391.jpg

One for spring and autumn by Barry Simonds:
IMG_3194_zps489550f9.jpg

IMG_3199_zps22f584db.jpg

And one for winter by Johnny J:
IMG_2782.jpg

What is so good is that whenever someone suggests a different style or posts an old catalogue photograph, one of our resident capmakers gets excited and starts thinking about copying it.

Just one year ago, whenever i thought about buying a cap, I looked at what was available and thought 'that isn't what i really want.'
Now if I want a new cap, i can just come here, have a look around and find someone to make me just what i want in whatever fabric i want. I come here, am inspired by the caps you are all commissioning, and hopefully can inspire others with the caps I commission.

We are very, very lucky!

Long may it continue.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You said it TT!!! If you look back into the cap threads, many of us were fantasizing about our "Holy Grail" caps,(Richard Harrow's pleated back, workwear caps, etc) and now thanks to our amazing cap makers, we own those caps!!! We are a lucky group!

BR Gordon

One Too Many
You said it TT!!! If you look back into the cap threads, many of us were fantasizing about our "Holy Grail" caps,(Richard Harrow's pleated back, workwear caps, etc) and now thanks to our amazing cap makers, we own those caps!!! We are a lucky group!

Lucky group? Now we have a whole new level of headwear addiction to deal with.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
rlk, Nice caps the Dobbs has that early 60's Folk Feel
& the rrl i have the same cap,,
I dont understand why the Faux modern designer labels go out of there way to make these repops wrinkly & soft ?
I rather do that myself, Im assuming that the fabrics that are reproduced today would not have the body & feel as Vintage NOS
so pre wrinkly is just a marketing scheme to get the Faux vintage look off the rack ?

Oh yes to Note the rrl & lofgren caps are sized larger than marked so a M = L weird sizing

Last edited:

rlk

I'll Lock Up
The previous RRL with the heavier wool fabric and all around leather sweat was quite tidy and substantial, this thinner cotton one is a bit wrinkled but was stuffed loose in a bag.
I do agree wholeheartedly with your general complaint about pre-worn repros. Pay extra to have it wear out faster. I prefer my own legitimate wear.

howardeye

Practically Family
Two types-a great collection from the best cap makers anywhere and I would love to get my hands on that harp!

Robert- I did not see that Dobbs Cap hiding in plain view! Great find!

2 caps I'm going to sell. These are both around 23" around the sweatbands. Look out in the Classifieds.

CC41. Venty Cumf: 3 Strides Ahead. British, Middle 1940s. Wonderful brown/cream rough tweed with red flocking.

venty-cumfcap1.jpg

venty-cumfcap2.jpg

venty-cumfcap4.jpg

venty-cumfcap61.jpg

This novelty golf cap is American. Thunderw21 has had this in his hands and concurs with me that it's quite early, probably pre-WWII. I think the flags make it quite clear that this is a cap for playing golf in. Very lightweight fabric makes a floppy cap for a very individual look. I've never seen another quite like it. The construction is quite unique for an American cap, also.

noveltygolfcap11.jpg

noveltygolfcap21.jpg

noveltygolfcap31.jpg

noveltygolfcap41.jpg

noveltygolfcap51.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
want show you a old leather cap that I bought on a flea market last sunday.
I don't know how old, but it's older as all my caps together.
It's a thick old rough leather with show a lot of wear.
ledercap4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran